Fuvahmulah is an island in the Maldives which is under the Maldives administrative divisions. In any case, if you’ve decided to relocate to the Maldives and you want to get your car with you, you’d have to hire an auto transporter to handle the process.
You are also going to have to rely on the company to transport your vehicle from the major shipping port which is nearest to you to the destination port at the Maldives.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Get the shipping details.
Your A1 Auto Transport agent is going to provide you with all of the details regarding the documents and paperwork that you are going to have to prepare. The most important documents would include your driver’s license, social security number, title and registration as well as a signed Power of Attorney if you are not present to pick up your car. You would also want to check in with the insurance company in order to determine that the overseas shipping is included in your cover. You also want to check in with the Customs to find out more about the international laws which regulate the exporting endeavors to another country and the paperwork that you might have to fill out.
Information on Maldives custom requirements.
You are also going to have to provide detailed information to the Maldives Customs authorities of the once your car arrives there. You are going to have to present documents which show the make, model, engine as well as chassis number of the car as well as the year of manufacturing, weight, color and also the seating capacity. You are going to have to register the car with the Transport Ministry once it enters the country as it would be held at the port until it’s registered. You are also going to have to complete an L10 Application and make sure that you have the title of the car in original and your insurance policy as well. You would also want to ensure that the car is properly cleared inside and out in order to avoid any delays. Make sure that there are no fluids leaking as well.
Before the shipping.
Before you ship your car you would have to receive an estimate quote provided by your shipping agency. This is going to provide you with an idea of how much money you’d have to prepare for the entire process. You are also going to have to steam clean the car and remove every item from within the car, including documents or other possession. You also want to take a look at the weather conditions so that you are prepared for driving during drought and rather rainy seasons when some of the roads might actually become impassable. This is going to provide you with a certain piece of mind.
There are three overly preferred shipping options when it comes to importing a vehicle into the Maldives and they include:
- Ro-Ro Shipping. This is known as the Roll-on/Roll-off shipping and it would require you to drive your car on a shipping deck in a freight carrier. Your car would be constantly exposed to the elements and you are not allowed to transport any additional personal belongings with it. However, this is the cheapest way and also the fastest water-based option.
- Container Shipping. Container shipping is more convenient than Ro-Ro but it’s also more expensive. Your car would be stored within a private container and you would be able to fill it out with other personal belongings. This method offers the best protection for your vehicle.
- Air Shipping. This is ultimately the best and fastest way to ship your car to the Maldives but it’s also the most expensive one and that’s why the majority of people tend to stay away from it.
In any case, your auto transport agent should help you out throughout the entire process. For any further information, you could always contact the Customs in advance or visit the respective Embassy of Maldives in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?