One of the large emirates in UAE, Fujairah is the only one which is located on the coast of Gulf of Oman. If you are coming to Fujairah to live or to visit for an extended period, you may want to bring your car with you to make getting around much easier.
There are rules for importing your vehicle but, they are not as strict as you may think. Before you get started in importing, you will need to hire A1 Auto Transport Service to handle the most daunting tasks. With a large port, shipping your vehicle is a very easy thing to do. You will need to have certain documents with you when you ship and when you pick up your vehicle. Before your car can be shipped, these documents will need to be submitted. You will need to send the following:
- Auto Insurance.
- Driver’s license.
- Title of the vehicle.
- Registration of the vehicle.
- Power of Attorney if needed.
They may also request additional documents when necessary. These documents will be discussed with them when you meet your shipping agent. Your shipping agent will then schedule your car for shipping and make the arrangements for you including what port your vehicle will be shipped to. You can also make arrangements to have your car picked up from the port once it arrives.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You will need to ensure that you understand all the rules for shipping and your vehicle has cleared the UAE Customs department once it reaches port. Here are some required documents you will need to import it to UAE.
- Bill Of Lading – the original which includes the model, year, and size engine of your vehicle.
- Original bill of sale.
- UAE resident/passport.
- Name as it appears on the vehicle title.
- The condition of the car.
- Original title.
Any car that is imported to Fujairah will need to pass the inspection of your vehicle. You will be charged a 5% duties tax determined by the value of the car. You will also need to have your vehicle for five years before transporting. The transport authority is designated as the place to get a physical check of the car. Cars that are imported must pass the emissions test and carbon dioxide much be as low as 3.5% in order to pass.
Before your vehicle is loaded and ready to be shipped, you will need to have a quote so you will know how much something will cost you. You will need to pay the shipping company and any freight and port charges beforehand. There are two methods of shipping to choose from.
- Roll On/ Roll Off Method: This method of shipping requires that your vehicle be driven on the deck of the ship and then strapped down for transport. You cannot have any personal items in the car during the transport. Your vehicle will also need to be steam cleaned before you can bring it up onto the ship.
- Enclosed container shipment: This is another choice for shipping. With this type of shipping, you will be given either a 20 foot or 40 foot to fill up completely. You can fill it with any type of household goodies. There is also additional insurance you can purchase regarding international shipping.
Dues to constant changes in the import-export laws and the specific requirements, it is essential to contact the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates before shipping the car from USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?