A city in the Østfold County, Fredrikstad is the administrative center of the municipality. Situated at the confluence of river Skagerrak and Glomma, the panoramic city is the fifth largest in Norway. With plenty of foreign workers and students working in the city, it helps to have your vehicle shipped from USA to ease the issue of transportation.
Being one of the countries of EU, the emissions laws are strict and same is followed in Norway. Most of the U.S-made vehicles are not compliant with the EU standards and modifications are needed in the vehicle to meet the requisite safety and emission standards. Additionally, all documents related to the vehicle, ownership and its insurance have to be submitted to the U.S Customs and the Customs department of Norway
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Submission of documents.
Only after the documents are checked and verified by the customs in US that you can ship your vehicle, while these documents have to be approved, before the Norway customs clears it. These include:
- Vehicle registration.
- Ownership proof.
- Work permit/residential visa.
The cost of shipping to Fredrikstad includes the shipping costs, insurance on the vehicle, and freight charges (CIF). The method of shipping that you choose affects the freight charges. This has to be decided upon much before the other aspects are implemented. Currently, the charges are 30% of the CIF and there are other taxes which A1 Auto Transport service will be able to enumerate upon.
You have the option of choosing Roll-on/Roll-Off method (RORO) and Container shipping for shipping it over to Norway. If you are shipping it by RORO, there are limitations that include:
- Only empty vehicle- no personal belongings.
- Quarter tank gas/fuel.
- Keep spare keys, floor mats/car jack.
- Remove air conditioning gas.
- Disable alarms.
However, you are allowed to ship your personal belongings with your vehicle when you use container shipping. The size of the containers ranges from 20 feet to 40 feet. You are charged by the size of the container. Thus, based on the method of shipping, the charges will vary. You might talk with one of our shipping agents to know more about it or contact the Embassy of Norway.
You will need to get the modifications done in USA before you ship it out so that there are no delays when the vehicle reaches Norway port. We will assist you through the different procedures to avoid any potential obstacle.
Only after the emissions modifications and inspections are completed, the custom clearances will be provided. You are allowed to register the vehicle and get the registration plate identification tags after showing all invoices of cleared taxes and duties with the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Transportation and Communications.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?