The Albanian municipality and city in Fier County, Fier is about 7 miles from the famed old city of Apollonia. Located by the river Seman, Fier is an industrial city with innumerable chemical, bitumen and oil industries abounding here.
That is one of the reasons that there are many expats and returning citizen coming to work here.
In case, you are moving here, you will need to have your own vehicle for faster and seamless commuting within and out of the city. With positive international relations and better living standards in the post-Soviet era, laws have changed, enhancing import and exports. Working with A1 Auto Transport service ensures that experts walk you through the processes and procedures which ensure that you are conversant with the import requirements.
It is essential to look at the weather conditions before you ship from USA. Summers are always better than shipping during winters. It is best if you can plan your trip around the delivery of the vehicle as owner’s need to be there when the cargo ship docks and the vehicle needs to complete the Albanian Custom clearances. In case you cannot be present on the specific date, you can give a Power of Attorney to A1 Auto Transport service and we’ll take care of the rest.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before the vehicle is imported.
There are plenty of documents that have to be submitted to the relevant authorities in U.S and at Albania, before the vehicle can be imported. These are:
- Title deed and registration documents.
- Bill of Sale of invoice.
- Passport/driving license of the owner.
- Residence/work visa.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance license.
There might be plenty of eligibility criteria or limitations that have to be adhered to, so consult the website at Albania Customs. Additionally, it is important to steam clean the vehicle and remove the air conditioning gas before it is shipped so that it is not quarantined at the port. To ensure faster delivery, adherence to the requisite regulations is needed which includes European Technical Standard.
Methods of freight shipment.
There are two main types of freight shipment that is available for vehicle transportation to Fier in Albania. These are:
- Roll-on/Roll-Off: This is the most cost effective method of shipment as the vehicle is driven on and off the deck of the ship. It is secured properly so that it does not move during transit. The size of the vehicle matters as you pay for the parking bay only.
- Container shipment: This is popular as it offers higher protection to the vehicle while you are allowed to pack personal goods within the container. This makes it perfect to those who are moving to Albania on a long term basis. The size of the containers range from 20 feet to 40 feet and the price is charged accordingly. This is more expensive than RORO.
After vehicle arrival in Fier .
After it reaches Fier, there are other aspects to take care of including payment of duties which ranges from 0% to 55% based on the cost of the freight charges, price of the vehicle and insurance (CIF). If there are modifications needed, you will need to get it done so that the vehicle can be registered in Albania.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?