Faaa is a commune in the suburbs of Papeete in French Polynesia which is an overseas region of France, located in the Pacific Ocean. Faaa has its location on the island of Tahiti and it’s in the administrative subdivision of the Windward Islands.
Importing your personal car to French Polynesia is slightly easy as the laws are the same as in France. Tax exemption is allowed to diplomats. Expatriates and foreign nationals are allowed to import a car but it’s going to be subjected to taxation and duties. Your car is likely to be offloaded at the Pape’ete terminal if you are shipping from USA.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Costs and Require Documentation.
All of the vehicles which are imported are subjected to taxes and duties which are calculated based on the model, value, year, accessories and size of the vehicle. Right now, the owner has to clear and pay 19.6% as VAT. In case you are shipping your car from USA you are required to have to pay regular customs and duties as the US is not part of the European Union. The customs duties are payable when the vehicle reaches the port of entry in French Polynesia while you will be required to clear the 10% VAT directly to the French government. Furthermore, you would need to submit the following documentations to the customs prior to the shipping. They include:
- Original registration as well as title deed.
- Valid international driver’s license.
- Purchase invoice for new vehicles ( less than 180 days ).
- Not for Sale Certificate.
- Ocean Bill of Lading- VIN, engine cubic capacity, year, brand, model and chassis number.
You might want to contact A1 Auto Transport in order to determine which the fastest shipping method is. A variety of factors would be important for this matter such as the size of your car, the shipping method of choice as well as all other technical specifications. If you decide to go with a container, you can split the cost by sharing it with another person.
- Ro/Ro shipping would suggest that your car is manually driven on a specifically designated platform on the shipping carrier. It’s then fastened securely in order not to move even the slightest. Your car would be exposed to the elements and you’d need to clear it entirely.
- Container shipping involves the placement of your vehicle within a sealed container. You can choose to transport other personal belongings with this method and you can choose between a 20ft and a 40ft size of the container, based on your needs.
If you have queries or questions, we’ll be glad to assist you with them and if you need a free quote, you may schedule an appointment with A1 Auto Transport service today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?