When an ocean is separating you from your destination, driving is obviously not an option. Shipping services have a couple shipping options shippers can choose from to get their car transported to Ettadhamen. Typically, shipping services will handle customs at the port of export and can even offer to haul a vehicle that isn’t in close proximity to the departure port.
Be Prepared for Customs Overseas
When your vehicle arrives in Ettadhamen you may be required to pay additional fees for customs duty and offloading fees. Make sure the car battery is fully charged so agents can offload the car easily, shippers may be subject to additional fees if the battery is dead. Certain documents will need to be presented in order to get your car out of the possession of customs which include:
- Title and Registration
- Passport and Visa
- Original Seaway Bill
- Driver’s License
Age Requirements for Driving Overseas
In order to operate a vehicle in Ettadhamen the shipper must be at least eighteen years of age. The driver must also obtain overseas car insurance but may still drive with U.S. license plates. Most overseas car insurance will only cover drivers over the age of twenty one so contact your insurance provider prior to the ship date.
Rules for Driving Abroad
After you have recovered your car from Customs, you will be ready to start exploring everything Tunisia has to offer. Some countries require drivers to have a self-test breathalyzer or reflective jacket in their vehicle at all times. Most of the signs are marked in Arabic and English which makes traveling easy, but having a map can also be of great help. Be extremely careful not to hit pedestrians, many people travel by foot and bike to get from one destination to the next, so stay alert.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?