The second largest city in Finland, Espoo is situated within the greater Helsinki metropolitan area and is close to Kauniainen, Helsinki and Vantaa. A center of commerce and has a number of foreign company offices and educational centers. Thus, if you are on a work permit or plan to study further in Finland, you might love to have your vehicle for easy commuting. Shipping your car to Espoo from US isn’t as difficult as you are imagining.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Duty-Free Car Import.
It is essential to remember that any car or vehicle that is imported to Finland has to adhere to the EU or USA vehicle exhaust and emission regulations. If your car doesn’t comply for any reason it is better to get the modifications done before you ship it to Espoo. If your car has been owned for a minimum of six months in USA and is less than $34,000 when you bought it, you have a chance to import it duty free to Espoo. However, you might need to discuss the clause with an international auto transport service such as A1 Auto Transport Company, as they have over two decades of experience shipping vehicles globally.
If your vehicle has been imported duty-free, you cannot allow others to use the car nor are you allowed to sell the vehicle for the next two years. And if you do, you are liable to pay full duty and taxes as applicable by the Finnish Customs Department. If you want to import a new vehicle or don’t qualify for exemptions, the import taxes as levied by the Finnish Customs are about 50% to 60% of the total value of the car.
Important documents for review.
There is a lot of paperwork associated with shipping a vehicle to Espoo and you need to ensure that you have several copies of these documents such as:
- Owner’s passport and license.
- Receipt of payment and purchase invoice.
- Vehicle registration documents.
- Bill of Lading.
- Finnish car insurance policy certificates.
Methods of freight shipping.
Though there are two methods of freight shipping, if you have a regular car and need to send it on a budget, you can opt for Roll-on/Roll-Off (RORO). However, your car will be secured and harnessed along with other vehicles on the deck. Thus, you cannot have any personal accessories and only ¼ tank of fuel, extra set of keys, jack and spare tire is allowed on board. This is the most affordable method.
The other method is more exclusive and allows you to secure and harness your car in an enclosed container, along with other household goods. This is perfect for luxury or vintage vehicles that need higher safety during transit. Though it helps to know all about the new regulations and laws, but it is difficult. That is why it helps to have an experienced shipping service like A1 Auto Transport service to serve your shipping requirements. You can connect with Embassy of Finland in USA to know more about the recent changes in regulations.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?