Located in the south central part of Guatemala is the city of Escuintla. It is also the capital of the Escuintla Department and is the administrative seat in Guatemala. If you plan to transport your vehicle to Guatemala, you will need to have a professional transport service assist you in the move.
When you work with a professional company with a good reputation, you ensure that your vehicle leaves the US and travels to Guatemala without any issues or delays. You will even know how much the shipping rates are so you can plan financially as well. When you contact the professional transport service, you will need to give them the following information so they can assist you further:
- Driver’s license.
- Make, model, and year of your vehicle.
- Social security number.
- Signed power of attorney in case you are not able to pick up your vehicle once it reaches Guatemala.
You will have the option to either drive the car to the shipping port in the United States yourself or if you will need the transport company to come to your home or business and pick up the vehicle and drive it to the port for you. The transport professionals will also need to know if you are going to ship more than just hour car over at the same time. When you receive your final quote on the cost of import, you will also want to make sure that the quote includes shipping insurance as well. Even if it does, you may want to elect to purchase more travel insurance in order to protect your belongings while they are being shipped out to sea.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Different Ways to Ship your Vehicle to Guatemala.
When planning on shipping your vehicle to Guatemala, you will have two different ways to ship- Roll On/ Roll Off and container shipping. A professional shipping service will be able to help you make the decision on which shipping method is right for you when transporting your vehicle from the United States to Guatemala City.
Roll On/ Roll Off shipping is the most commonly selected method of shipping because it is the most affordable. This shipping method is also the simplest way to ship a vehicle; the vehicle is driven onto the ship to transport and then driven off once it reaches Guatemala port.
Container shipping is a great selection if you want to ship your personal belongings along with your vehicle so you receive everything at one time. You will be able to ship household items in your vehicle as well as in the container. This method offers more protection for your car as it is transporting across the seas.
Customs Regulations when Transporting to Guatemala City.
In order to transport a vehicle to Guatemala, it’s important to know the customs regulations. Guatemala customs will approve one personal motor vehicle for you if it is no more than thirteen years old. This rule applies to everyone who has a vehicle importing to Guatemala; diplomats and foreigners too. When importing a vehicle, you will need to show the following documentation:
- Passport with a valid entry stamp to Guatemala.
- Bill of Lading/ Airway Bill – the original bill.
- If you are shipping in a container, you will need to provide a packing list of everything inside.
- Your original invoice of the vehicle.
- An inspection report on your vehicle.
- The vehicle title.
- Vehicle registration.
- Driver’s license.
- A duty free exemption letter if one was issued.
- Insurance on your vehicle that is acceptable in Guatemala.
If any of the above information is not presented upon request, you will be charged $150.0 in order for customs to do an inspection when the vehicle arrives. The Bill of Lading is included with the vehicle identification number, the make and model of the vehicle as well as chassis number and the engine number. They will also need to know the type of fuel your vehicle will take and the color of the car. It will need to be measured in cubic centimeters too. You will need to contact the Embassy of Guatemala located in Washington, DC if you have any further questions regarding the required documents that needs to be presented, any fees that needs to be paid, and any other regulations about driving to Guatemala City.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?