Ship Car To Erdenet
Erdenet is bustling city that is considered the third largest in terms of population. It is about 150 miles from Ulaanbaatar, and is situated in the scenic valley of the Rivers Orkhon and Selenge. When you are shipping to a landlocked country, there is additional transportation needed, apart from sea faring shipping requirements.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You are required to submit documents at the U.S port and then at the ports in China, before the vehicle will continue onwards for delivery at Erdenet. Some of the documents that are essential before the customs clearances are given include:
- Original purchase invoice.
- Owner’s passport.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
- Documents proving ownership for over 6 months.
- Insurance certificate.
- Import is only for personal vehicle.
- No car over 20 years can be imported.
- Only left hand driven cars can be imported
It is best to connect with the Embassy of Mongolia to be updated on the new regulations. Being a landlocked country, Mongolia has no shipping port and that is why all sea-based freight cargo is offloaded in the Chinese ports of Tianjin or Qingdao. After the owner takes delivery of the vehicle, arrangements have to be made for land transportation to Erdenet. If you work with a reliable international shipping company like A1 Auto Transport service, one of our shipping agents will be present in China to take the delivery of the vehicle and arrange for the further transportation to Mongolia. It is best to start processing the documents as soon as you plan on moving to Erdenet. When you are shipping by ocean freight carriers, you have two choices of selecting the method, which includes:
- RORO: This is the most affordable method as the payment is only charged for the space occupied by the vehicle. However, there are no personal items allowed inside the vehicle that is driven on and off the ship. It is secured on board, and only floor mats, spare keys and jack is allowed in the car. You will need to get the vehicle steam-cleaned so that no time is wasted and the vehicle is not quarantined.
- Enclosed container: The choice is between 20 feet and 40 feet containers. You are allowed to secure your vehicle inside any of the two sized containers and put in other personal items. This provides an extra layer of security to the personal belongings and the car.
Essential requirements for shipping vehicles.
The documents that you have to submit include proof of ownership and paperwork related to registration and insurance certification. When the documents are in order the Mongolian Customs Department will allow the vehicle to be imported to Erdenet. It is imperative to adhere to the Bill of Lading at the delivery. The import duty and tax on the vehicle is calculated on the resale value of the car. Additionally, there are extra fees on the inland transportation and checks along the Chinese border.