Shipping a vehicle to Ecatepec from the U.S. is actually rather simple. The regulations set for vehicle shipment to Mexico aren’t nearly as strict as they might be for other countries. Shipping your vehicle might be in your best interest if you plan on residing or staying in the city for a while.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for Vehicle Shipment to Mexico.
In order to ship a vehicle to Mexico from the United States, one must follow certain requirements which might include details with the vehicle and having the proper documentation.
- The vehicle must be at least 5 years of age.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
It is always a good idea to contact the Embassy of Mexico for the current documentation necessary for vehicle shipment, as well as the requirements. They will keep you up to date with what is needed.
The Ways to Ship a Vehicle.
To ship a vehicle to Mexico, you must choose between various methods of vehicle shipment. There is air shipping, container shipping and RO/RO shipping. All of these are sufficient ways of shipping, but you will need to consider your budget as well as your needs.
RO/RO shipping is the least expensive method of shipping. This will require the vehicle to remain empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire. Then, the vehicle must be able to roll on and off of the ship.
Container shipping is when the vehicle is shipped in a very large container that is placed on the ship. The vehicle as well as the container can be filled with property. The items must be allowed by Mexican Customs. The container can be shared with someone else and so can the costs of shipping.
Air shipping is the most costly form of shipping. While it helps have a vehicle delivered to landlocked countries, this method is so pricey that not many can afford it.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?