Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from East Jerusalem
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
East Jerusalem is known as a sector of Jerusalem which wasn’t a part of the war between 1948 and 1949. A part of Palestine, the situation does remain tense but expatriates, government officials and even students abound in the city. It is important to be aware of the driving conditions within the country before you decide to transport your car.
You should be informed that East Jerusalem is currently pretty safe to drive. Most of the roads are also paved and you can enjoy great sceneries while you drive through the city. Insurance policy is a must while driving in Palestine.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You are definitely going to have to hire a respected auto transporting agent such as A1 Auto Transport service. The Port of Gaza is the main port which accepts shipments from the USA. We will be able to sort out the paperwork and provide you with a list of the necessary documents. Some of them include:
- Driver’s License.
- Car Title.
- Certificate for Insurance.
- Power of Attorney (optional – if you aren’t there upon arrival to pick up your car)
- Social Security card.
Even though the country abides by a free-trade agreement with the States, there are some provisions that have to be considered when importing a vehicle, such as:
- Cars should be less than 3 years old.
- Valid import license.
- Original Bill of sale.
- Original Title.
- Approval from the General Petroleum Corporation in order to be able to buy gas.
- Approval from the Transportation Ministry.
- Taxes are usually paid upon the value of CIF (cost, insurance and freight)
- All imported cars are subjected to a VAT of 16% of the car’s.
- Import license.
- Israeli licensed trucks can import from the Port of Gaza, provided they have a special yellow license tag.
For any further information you can check the webpage of the PIPA laws. You can also refer to the US Customs and Border Protection Agency in order to make sure that there are no alterations to the recent legislation. You can also check to see if there are some additional requirements for shipping other personal belongings besides the vehicle and how to get through them.
You have to make sure that your agent provides you with a comprehensive quote of the entire price prior to shipping the car overseas. Currently, you can choose between two possible shipment methods to Palestine. Ro-Ro shipping is the most convenient and still the cheapest way to go. The car is going to be driven onto the carrier ship on a deck and fastened to it. You won’t be able to ship any other belongings with the car. However, you can also use Container shipping in which case you are allowed to send overseas other personal items along with your car. It is best to get the complete information from the Embassy of Palestine before starting on the shipping processes.