The East End is known as one of the six districts of the Cayman Islands. It is located on the south east side of the coast and is the financial hub of the Cayman Islands. On this part of the island, you will find government offices, banks, and trusts as well.
There are many employment opportunities there too. If you plan to move to the East End for a long period of time, you will want to import your vehicle.
International shipping of a vehicle is not an easy process so it’s best to work with a great shipping company like A1 Auto Transport. With over twenty years of helping people ship vehicles all around the world, they can provide the best care for your car and transport needs. A1 Auto Transport Service will also know of all rules and regulation of importing a vehicle to the Cayman Islands.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for vehicle shipment.
There are many documents you will need to provide when you begin the process of importing your vehicle. These include:
- Car title.
- Certified document stating the value of your vehicle.
- Insurance certificate.
- Detailed paper with chassis number, engine number, make and model.
- Customs declaration form.
- Stamped Residence permit/Work visa.
- Bill of Lading .
Import Duties and Taxes.
The Cayman Islands Customs has imposed taxes on importing vehicles in. The taxes will be based on the price of the vehicle as well as the freight charges too. Additionally, you are required to pay Environmental deposal fee, Waste fee and licensing fee before your vehicle is cleared for delivery. There are other taxes which include, import tax that are based on:
- Vehicle value of $20,000 or below will be taxed 27.5% of import duty.
- Vehicle value of $20,001 to $30,000 will need to pay 35% of import duty.
- Vehicles above $30,000 are taxed at 40% of the CIF.
Clearing Cayman Islands Customs.
Once your vehicle arrives at East End, A1 Auto Transport Service or you can complete the import process by:
- Paying the import taxes.
- Paying the port charges.
- Buy local vehicle insurance.
- Register the vehicle at the DVLD.
- Pick up the vehicle.
This must be taken care of before you drive your vehicle from Customs Department. If you are not able to pick up your vehicle, A1 Auto Transport can do it for you however you will need to sign a Power of Attorney form giving them permission to do so. A1 Auto Transport Service can help you with the paperwork needed. It’s important to calculate the shipping option into the cost of your import so you will know how much your vehicle import will cost you.
If you plan to import for six months or less, you may qualify for duty-free import. You will need to contact the collector of customs to understand more about duty-free options for your vehicle. Contact the Embassy of Cayman Islands located in the United States for more details.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?