Dushanbe is the acting capital as well as the largest city in the country. The climate is Mediterranean blended with continental influences. Today it is a bustling city with plenty of business and trade opportunities. If you are planning to move here, it helps to traverse the city using your own personal vehicle.
Going through the process of international shipping could be quite overwhelming. This is a serious endeavor and you’d have to take a lot of things into serious and proper consideration. The public transport in the country isn’t as certain as you might want it to be and importing a vehicle is definitely a great option.
There are only a few ways of safe travel as the public transport in the country isn’t anywhere near to what it used to be. This is mainly because of the lack of any kind of investment. The railways cover an insignificant and the language barrier causes a lot of people to avoid using cab drivers. These concerns can be easily avoided if you import your own vehicle in the country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required documentation and actions to be taken.
When you decide to import your car into the country, you’d need to fill out certain paperwork and provide different documents. You’d also have to pay 20% VAT and 10% to 90% excise tax. Additionally, you’d have to fulfill the following requirements:
- Purchasing contract of the vehicle.
- Power of attorney.
- Copy of long-term visa or passport.
- Title and technical manual of the car.
- There are inspections to be undergone.
- Your car has to be more than 6 months and less than 10 years old.
You’d have to address the aforementioned prior to approaching the Tajikistan Customs. They have stringent regulations in place and adherence to these is important.
Ro/Ro Shipping and Container Shipping.
You can choose between a few shipping options but the most common and overly preferred ones include Ro/Ro and container shipping. These are the fastest, easiest and cheapest ways to get your car imported. There aren’t any ports in the country so you’d be directed to the nearest one.
Ro/Ro shipping is the roll-on/roll-off method and it would require you to manually drive your car, on its own wheels, on a special deck on the shipping carrier. It would be then fastened securely. You have to clear it entirely and nothing but the car jack, spare tire and floor mats are allowed. The second option in front of you is the container shipping which is more convenient if you have additional belongings to be shipped with the car. You can also share the container with someone else if you want to split the cost and reduce your overall expenses.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?