A suburban port city in Dublin County, Dún Laoghaire lies about 12 km from the Dublin city and used to be the major port of entry from United Kingdom. Today, a bustling and populated seafaring town, it is a center of commerce and tourism. If you are moving to this scenic seaside town, you might want to have your own vehicle imported from USA, which is quite possible. The rules in Ireland differ because Northern Ireland follows the regulations of UK and rest of Ireland is a part of European Union.
As far as communication is concerned, there are consistent policies and law which is strictly adhered to by the professional Ireland Customs department. Thus, you can be sure of doing it by the book and there will be quick approvals. It is important to complete the documentation and adhere to the rules.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cost of shipping from USA to Dún Laoghaire, Ireland.
The cost of shipping your vehicle to Dún Laoghaire, Ireland depends upon the method of shipping, import and custom fees, and exemptions that you qualify for. At A1 Auto Transport service, we have a lot of knowledge about ways to qualify for duty free shipping and one of our shipping agents will be able to help you go through the process with ease. Some of the essential documentation includes:
- proof of vehicle purchase.
- Minimum 6 months USA insurance on the vehicle.
- Bill of Sale (location, date, vehicle price).
- Registration certificate.
- Ireland Residence or work permit.
It is essential to get your vehicle registered within the first 6 months of your stay after the customs has cleared the car. This is done after the vehicle registration tax has been paid. The tax is calculated based on the value of the vehicle.
Means of shipping and transportation.
There are two viable methods of shipping your vehicle and these are:
Roll-On and Roll-Off.
As it is the cheapest method, it is the most preferred one. You will need to get the clearances from the US port and then the vehicle will be driven on the ship deck, harnessed and fixed in place to minimize damage during transit. At the destination Port of Dublin, your vehicle will be driven off and after customs is cleared, you can take the delivery. However, there are some requirements that need to be fulfilled when you are sending the car by RORO. These include:
- Keep only spare keys, spare tire, jack and floor mats inside the vehicle.
- 1/4th tank of fuel is allowed.
- Remove air conditioning gas.
- No personal accessories or goods within the vehicle.
- Steam clean it to avoid quarantine at Dublin port.
Container Service: It has its advantages but it is much more expensive than RORO. That is why if you need an extra cover of security for your luxury vehicle, select it. Your car along with other household goods are packed inside the container and sealed. It will arrive faster to Dublin and is a more trusted method.
If you are looking for more information and details on importing your vehicle to Dún Laoghaire, contact the Embassy of Ireland and get the update on the current laws.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory