Shipping a car to Dongguan from the United States.
Few things are more stressful than international moves, particularly when you’ve got to get a car through foreign customs. Between tariffs, documentation, and different vehicle standards, there’s a lot of info to sort through. The good news is that A-1 Auto Transport is here to make the process simple by providing you with top-notch shipping services and all the necessary information about Chinese rules and regulations. Allow our decades of experience to work for you.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Dongguan is a major industrial city in China’s Pearl River Delta. Numerous international companies like Samsung, Nokia, Nestle, and Coca-Cola have ensured a strong trade infrastructure is in place. Dongguan is a center of rail for the province, and the nearby Port of Guangzhou facilitates water-based shipping to the region.
2 Methods of Shipping, 2 Methods of Delivery.
- Roll-on/roll-off shipping – The car will be directly loaded onto the carrier, and secured in place to restrict movement and subsequent damage. It will then be rolled back then off at the destination.
- Container shipping – Your vehicle can be transported in a cargo container as well. This provides extra protection at a small surcharge, and may be ideal for those with antique or otherwise expensive and valuable vehicles.
Door-to-door shipping is a delivery method in which the vehicle is collected from your home at your convenience, and delivered to the point of your choice within Dongguan. In terminal-to-terminal shipping, you’ll instead deliver the car to the departure port or rail terminal, and collect it right onsite in Dongguan.
Certain documents are required by Chinese customs officials for vehicle importation. If you’ve got these all on hand, clearing customs should be quite straightforward.
- Title and proof of purchase value.
- A declaration of the import cargo.
- Proof of the vehicle’s age.
Missing or invalid documents may prevent entry of the vehicle into China.
Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the most important points of China’s customs laws and regulations. Please note – effective July 2010, foreign residents are no longer permitted to import used vehicles.
- You must be present in the country at the time of the shipment’s arrival.
- Duty is calculated primarily based on the vehicle’s engine displacement. The exact rates can vary considerably.
- Foreign companies in China and foreign experts are often exempt from the customs duty on cars.
- Only left-hand drive cars are permitted entry into the country.
- Cars powered by diesel may not be imported. Jeeps are the sole exception to this rule.
How You Can Prepare the Vehicle.
Preparation is a many-stepped process. There are several simple actions you can take right at home, before sending the vehicle off to be shipped.
- Your vehicle will be inspected for foreign organic materials, so make sure it’s completely clean both inside and out.
- Please remove personal possessions from the car prior to shipping.
- Detachable fittings, such as ski racks, must be removed. Any antennae should be lowered out of the way.
- Your fuel tank should be only one-quarter full. This keeps weight to a minimum while still allowing shippers to move the car as needed.
- To prevent the battery from draining, please disable any alarm systems.
- Ensure that all brakes are functioning at their optimum level.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?