The second biggest city of Comoros, Domoni is situated on the eastern side of Anjouan Island. It was the former capital of the island though currently, the city of Mutsamudu is the capital city.
The geographical location of Comoros is between Mozambique and Madagascar, right at the start of the Mozambique Channel.
As it is a fairly populated country, it has extensive roadways stretching across the islands which help both residents and tourists travel with ease. In case, you are interested in staying here for an extended period or permanently, it helps to import your vehicle to Comoros from USA.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
As there are different regulations and laws in each country, it is important to adhere to each one of the regulations to ensure that there is no delay in shipment or delivery of the vehicle. When you work with A1 Auto Transport service, we take care of all aspects of your vehicle export from U.S till it is delivered to you in Domoni. As per the Comoros government, to ensure that the vehicle import is legal, you need to submit a host of documents which includes:
- Bill of Lading.
- Title deed of the car.
- Conformity Certificate.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Resident visa/work permit.
- Non-commercial certificate.
- Freight Transitaire from a shipping company.
However, to help you get the documents submitted, we’ll ensure that it reaches the required customs departments in time. Usually, the import regulations and laws keep changing and that is why it is important to contact the Embassy of Comoros before we actually dispatch the vehicle from USA. They will be able to give out the necessary details and help you with the current regulations.
Apart from the 5% to 20% import duty based on the CIF of the vehicle, you are required to pay 0% to 25% as Consumption Tax or known as VAT. These are among some of the taxes and you might want to contact one of our shipping agents at A1 Auto Transport to get further details.
Options in auto shipment.
There are many ways that a vehicle can be shipped overseas to Domoni. Air shipping is the most expensive but the fastest yet it is not a preferred method. However, among the common methods that is utilized for seafaring shipment, enclosed container shipment and Roll-on/Roll-Off work well. However, you need to be aware of the pros and cons of each before finalizing about any of these.
- Enclose container shipping: If you have an expensive vehicle that requires a higher level of security or wants to ship your personal items within the same container, then this is the best way to do that. You have a choice of 20 feet or 40 feet container to securely put your vehicle and any other personal items that you intend sending.
- Roll-on/Roll-Off shipping: This is the cheapest method to ship your vehicle. However, there are some restrictions and limitations that have to be considered when you use this shipping option. You are not allowed to ship any personal items inside the car so it has to be cleaned completely and emptied of all non-permanent accessories. You need to remove the air conditioning gas and most of the fuel. Only leave 1/4th tank of fuel so that the vehicle can be driven on the ship at the port in U.S and then driven off the ship at the port in Comoros.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?