Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
The largest city in Benin, Djougou is one of the major commercial centers of the country. Although the infrastructure and roadways aren’t the best, having your own vehicle helps when you are here on a temporary or long term basis. You need to be aware that the traffic is unpredictable while the main roads are paved, you might encounter unpaved stretches inside the city.
As with international imports, you will be required to follow the regulations, adhere to the limitations and file in the documents required to clear the Benin Customs Department and avoid delays. At A1 Auto Transport service, we have shipped vehicles to Benin in the past and understand the details of the custom regulations and can be of immediate assistance.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Benin Vehicle Import regulations.
Though submitting the right documents is important, it is essential to follow the regulations for vehicle as per the Benin laws. These are:
- All vehicles are taxed which includes new and old vehicles that are imported. The tax is based on the current value of the vehicle.
- It is essential to have the purchase invoice of the vehicle with details of the weight of the vehicle, chassis number, VIN, engine size and year of manufacture.
- You are only allowed to import one car per person.
There are plenty of documents that have to be submitted before the vehicle leaves the US port and when the vehicle arrives in Benin. The paperwork includes:
- Non-Sale Certificate signed by owner (proof that you will not sell the vehicle)
- Lien-free, original title deed.
- Vehicle Registration certificate.
- Insurance documents of the vehicle.
- Original Bill of Sale.
- Freight Invoice and Bill of Lading.
There may be other documents that you need to submit to have a hassle-free clearance at Benin customs department. Thus, to know the latest about the import duties and regulations, contact the Embassy of Benin in USA.
Procedures of shipping to Djougou in Benin.
Before you start the process of shipping the vehicle, it is important to get the final quote from A1 Auto Transport service so that you are aware of the cost. Benin government requires the paperwork a couple of days before the vehicle arrives at the port. We recommend steam cleaning the vehicle and removing all personal items, accessories and non-permanent parts so that if you are shipping by RORO, it gets quick clearances. Otherwise, the delivery can be delayed due to quarantine at the Port of Cotonou. The cost of the shipping depends on the method you select to ship your vehicle, price of the vehicle and the freight charges, commonly termed as CIF. A1 Auto Transport services offers door to port and port to port services at additional cost. You can look at your requirements and discuss the details with the company representatives.
With a brisk cargo trade and import of vehicles in Benin, you have the choice to select from RORO and Container shipping, which will suit your budget while air shipping is exorbitantly expensive.
- Container shipping: Your car is loaded and secured within large shipping metal containers and if you want to add personal items or household goods it is allowed. Then it is sealed. This is more expensive as your goods and vehicle has added protection as compared to vehicles shipped by RORO.
- Roll-On/ Roll-Off Shipping: This is the cheapest way to ship. Your vehicle is driven on and off the deck of the cargo ship using its own set of wheels. That is why you need to have 1/4th tank of gas, jack, extra tire and set of keys on board the car. You only have to pay for hiring the space on the ship deck so you can save more. N personal items are allowed inside the vehicle.