The largest city in Benin, Djougou is one of the major commercial centers of the country. Although the infrastructure and roadways aren’t the best, having your own vehicle helps when you are here on a temporary or long term basis. You need to be aware that the traffic is unpredictable while the main roads are paved, you might encounter unpaved stretches inside the city.
As with international imports, you will be required to follow the regulations, adhere to the limitations and file in the documents required to clear the Benin Customs Department and avoid delays. At A1 Auto Transport service, we have shipped vehicles to Benin in the past and understand the details of the custom regulations and can be of immediate assistance.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Djougou
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Djougou||$200||$4400||5+68 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Djougou||$400||$3600||5+29 days|
|Djougou to (California port) to Las Vegas, NV||$450||$4400||5+68 days|
|Djougou to (California port) to Portland, OR||$475||$4400||6+68 days|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Djougou||$550||$4400||6+68 days|
|Djougou to (New York port) to Columbus, OH||$550||$3600||5+29 days|
|Djougou to (New York port) to Detroit, MI||$575||$3600||6+29 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Djougou||$675||$3600||6+29 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Djougou||$775||$4400||7+68 days|
|Djougou to (New York port) to Houston, TX||$1,075||$3600||7+29 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Benin Vehicle Import regulations.
Though submitting the right documents is important, it is essential to follow the regulations for vehicle as per the Benin laws. These are:
- All vehicles are taxed which includes new and old vehicles that are imported. The tax is based on the current value of the vehicle.
- It is essential to have the purchase invoice of the vehicle with details of the weight of the vehicle, chassis number, VIN, engine size and year of manufacture.
- You are only allowed to import one car per person.
There are plenty of documents that have to be submitted before the vehicle leaves the US port and when the vehicle arrives in Benin. The paperwork includes:
- Non-Sale Certificate signed by owner (proof that you will not sell the vehicle)
- Lien-free, original title deed.
- Vehicle Registration certificate.
- Insurance documents of the vehicle.
- Original Bill of Sale.
- Freight Invoice and Bill of Lading.
There may be other documents that you need to submit to have a hassle-free clearance at Benin customs department. Thus, to know the latest about the import duties and regulations, contact the Embassy of Benin in USA.
Procedures of shipping to Djougou in Benin.
Before you start the process of shipping the vehicle, it is important to get the final quote from A1 Auto Transport service so that you are aware of the cost. Benin government requires the paperwork a couple of days before the vehicle arrives at the port. We recommend steam cleaning the vehicle and removing all personal items, accessories and non-permanent parts so that if you are shipping by RORO, it gets quick clearances. Otherwise, the delivery can be delayed due to quarantine at the Port of Cotonou. The cost of the shipping depends on the method you select to ship your vehicle, price of the vehicle and the freight charges, commonly termed as CIF. A1 Auto Transport services offers door to port and port to port services at additional cost. You can look at your requirements and discuss the details with the company representatives.
With a brisk cargo trade and import of vehicles in Benin, you have the choice to select from RORO and Container shipping, which will suit your budget while air shipping is exorbitantly expensive.
- Container shipping: Your car is loaded and secured within large shipping metal containers and if you want to add personal items or household goods it is allowed. Then it is sealed. This is more expensive as your goods and vehicle has added protection as compared to vehicles shipped by RORO.
- Roll-On/ Roll-Off Shipping: This is the cheapest way to ship. Your vehicle is driven on and off the deck of the cargo ship using its own set of wheels. That is why you need to have 1/4th tank of gas, jack, extra tire and set of keys on board the car. You only have to pay for hiring the space on the ship deck so you can save more. N personal items are allowed inside the vehicle.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.