Ship Car To Dili
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Dili is the capital and the largest city of Timor – Leste. It lies on the northern side of the Timor Island. It is also the seat of administration of the Dili district. The country of Timor – Leste consists of half of the Timor Island and several other surrounding islands.
The majority of country lives in poverty. However, it’s known for its beautiful sceneries and it is a popular tourist destination. This is a good place to work/ study or can enjoy a vacation.
If you want to export your car to Timor – Leste you have to be prepared to pay quite a few taxes but you might find it convenient if you plan on staying there for a longer period of time. You are going to be free to travel wherever you want regardless of the time of the day and you won’t have to rely on the public transportation.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Prior to importing your car to Timor – Leste from the US you have to prepare certain documents which are rather standard. They include:
- Ownership Proof.
- License, ID and Passport.
- Permit from the national director of Ground Transportation.
- Registration and Title.
- Proof of residency or of study or employment.
Requirements for Vehicle Shipping.
There are a lot of strict requirements that you’d have to consider when importing a vehicle to Timor – Leste. Vehicles with manufacturer date which is older than 5 years are prohibited for import. The exception is for classic cars, heavy vehicles, vehicles with over 20 passenger seats and cars imported under international agreements.
Contacting the Timor – Leste Customs is definitely beneficial. This is because the requirements tend to change and you might want to be updated with the most relevant information.
Duties and Taxes.
The duties and the taxes that you’d have to pay when you export a car from the US to Timor-Leste are:
- Sales tax of 2.5% of the CIF value plus the import and excise duty
- Import Duty is 2.5% of the CIF value
- Excise Duty is 5% of the total cost, insurance and freight value as well as the import duty. This is imposed on cars which exceed $70,000
With plenty of freight shipping options available, you need to consider your custom requirements and the budget before selecting the right method to ship your vehicle to Dili. Here are the options:
- Roll on, Roll off – This one would require you to drive the car on a shipping deck on a freight ship where it would be securely fastened. The car is open to the elements but it’s the fastest and most convenient way of shipping. You can’t ship additional belongings.
- Container Shipping – If you are looking to get other personal belongings shipped this is the way to go. Your car and your belongings are going to be placed within a private container.