Before you decide to contact a shipping service, you will need to know if your car meets certain criteria. Thousands of vehicles are exported out of the U.S. each year, but the process takes preparation and patience. Failing to meet customs regulations is the only part of this process that will make it an unpleasant experience.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Have All Necessary Paperwork.
- Title and Registration.
- Drivers License.
- Work Permit (if applicable)
- Proof of Residency.
- Spare Set of Keys.
Customs has regulations are designed to ensure that the cargo being imported isn’t stolen. Theft can happen while the vehicle is being transported which is why customs requires all personal materials to be removed from the car. This rule applies to shippers transporting their vehicle using the RO/RO (roll on, roll off) method. When you are transporting a vehicle inside of a container, household belongings may be transported as well but are subject to taxes.
Reasons Why Shipping Services Might Not Ship Your Vehicle.
When it comes to transporting a vehicle to Port Damietta, you cannot do so if the car is still being paid off. Only diplomats or military owned vehicles are permitted to be transported with a lien on them. If the vehicle is more than one year old or had a previous owner, the car will not be transported to Damietta. If the vehicle has flat tires, broken windows, or doesn’t meet emissions requirements it will not be transported
How to Prepare a Vehicle for Overseas Shipping.
Shippers are required to complete a checklist which will give them peace of mind and help avoid a discrepancy with the shipping service. Shippers can be held liable for fluid leaks so it is important to have the car fully serviced before the ship date. Wash the vehicle of any dirt or mud so that you can properly examine the vehicle to document scratches and other damages.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?