Dar Kulayb is a small town which has its location at the western side of Bahrain. It is close to the International Circuit of Bahrain where the Grand Prix is usually held every year. It has a new and properly developed network of roads which makes it suitable for owning a car. If you are relocating to Bahrain, you should start thinking about importing your vehicle.
You should know that this process is very easy because they have waived custom duties for US car owners. There are many busy ports and rather frequent departures to and from the United States, so shipping is very easy and not that expensive. The biggest port in Bahrain is Manama that is the capital city and the most populous place. The harbor offers both container shipment and Ro/Ro.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations of the US.
Before you are allowed to ship your vehicle from US, you need to send in the Letter of Intent to the U.S Customs and after that there are plenty pf documents that have to be submitted before you are allowed to ship. You are going to need the following documents:
- Ownership Proof.
- Consent to ship, provided your vehicle is leased.
- Bill of sale and of Lading.
The country of Bahrain allows easy import for vehicles from the USA – they are exempt from the tariffs. However, you won’t be allowed to import a vehicle which is more than 8 years old. You are going to be requested to present some paperwork for faster clearance at the Bahrain Customs.
- Declaration form from the Customs.
- Traffic Technical Inspection.
- License plate inspection from the TD of Manama.
- License Plate of Export.
- Details of the Vehicle.
- Passport of the owner.
- Order for delivery.
- Bill of Lading.
- Certificate for Clearance.
You should also be aware that vehicles can only be collected at the destination by the owner or by any other representative with a power of attorney.
Types of Shipping.
When you have your vehicle ready for shipment, you should choose a shipping method. If you want to spare some money, you can use the Ro/Ro method. By doing so you would have to drive the vehicle onto the shipping deck. However, if your car is valuable you should consider the container shipping as it offers more protection.
If you want to make sure that the transportation process goes smoothly, you must go over the proper preparation. You would have to remove the personal belongings from your vehicle. Additionally, you need to thoroughly clean it from the inside and from the outside so that it is not quarantined. Make sure to note all the dents and the scratches and to obtain signed form which attests the condition of the car. It is essential to leave a quarter tank of gas in the vehicle. You can contact the Embassy of Bahrain.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory