The town of Dangriga was known as Stann Creek Town in the past and it is located in the southern parts of Belize at the Caribbean coast. It is the capital of the Belize Stann Creek District and is commonly referred to as the culture capital of Belize.
If you have to move here as a diplomat or for work or you are just returning citizen, it would be best if you have your vehicle with you. Shipping to Belize is easy as there are quite a few ports in it.
However, the entire process is rather complicated to be completed on your own as the procedures are complex and require a lot of knowledge and expertise. This is why it is advisable to rely on a reputable shipping agent such as the A1 Auto Transport Company to work on your behalf. We understand all of the legal requirements and we are going to make sure that the entire process is hassle-free and without any problems at all. The customs duties are traditionally high so you might need more information about their calculation and cost estimation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
As it is with every single import of a vehicle, there are required documents that you would need to present to the Belize Customs Authority. Some of those documents include:
- Photo ID and Passport.
- Original bill of purchase.
- Vehicle documentation showing the year, VIN, model, make and chassis number.
- License plate registration.
- Clear Title and Insurance.
- Bill of lading.
Shipping details and available methods.
You can choose between the RORO and the Container shipping methods. RORO would require you to drive the vehicle on a shipping platform on its own wheels. Then it is harnessed in the pre-allocated parking bay and then carried by the freight ship to the destination port in Belize. That’s the cheapest and the fastest sea freight method for you to choose. The vehicle can’t carry any personal belongings and it will be exposed to the elements throughout the transit time.
The container shipping option is suitable if you have other belongings to ship and your vehicle is more expensive. It’s going to cost you a bit more but it’s substantially more protective and you get a lot of value for the price, especially if you have other belongings for shipping. The varied containers are sized between 20 feet and 40 feet, giving ample space for the vehicle and personal goods to be safely secured in place. It is essential that you do not keep anything that is considered illegal in Belize.
There are some other regulations that you would have to adhere to if you go for the RORO method as well and they include:
- Only ¼ gas tank full.
- Steam clean your entire car from the inside.
- Remove air conditioning gas.
- Disable all car alarms.
- Keep floor mats, jack and a spare tire as well as a extra set of keys.
- Empty it out of all other personal belongings.
If you need any additional information you could contact the Embassy of Belize in Washington, D.C, even though A1 Auto Transport is capable of providing you with everything you need.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory