Cusco is a city which is situated in the southeastern parts of Peru and is near the Andes mountain range. The city is the capital of the Cusco region and province. It used to be the historic capital of the Incas Empire back in the days until the Spanish Conquest.
Back in 1983 the city was declared to be a World Heritage Site by the organization of UNESCO. It gets over 2 million tourists a year and it is constituted as the Historical Capital of Peru as per the Constitution.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You should also be aware that Peru restricts vehicle which are more than five years to be imported or have over 50,000 miles on the odometer. You will be charged 10% duty on new vehicles and about 30% tax and more for used ones. The taxes have been levied based on calculated import value of the car, freight and insurance cost, commonly regarded as CIF. One of the most important documents is the UCD or Unique Customs Declaration is required to be completed by the Peruvian Custom department. To qualify for it, it is important to file:
- VIN number of the vehicle.
- Model Number.
- Vehicle registration Details.
- Commercial Invoice.
- Lading Bill.
- Policy of insurance.
Some additional requirements.
- Vehicle should not have been damaged and it must not have been in a car accident.
- Only right hand driven vehicles can be imported
- It must pass tests on emission before it is shipped from USA.
Don’t try to drive from U.S.A to Peru, this won’t be possible because there isn’t an actual road that connects Columbia to Panama and you would have to use a ship at some point. Thus you are going to need a shipping service like the A-1 Auto Transport. They have been in business for over 20 years and understand all aspects of shipping vehicles to Peru. To quicken the process, ensure that you steam clean the interior of your car so that it is not quarantined prior to being shipped. Taking care of this is surely going to make the whole process a lot more rapid. Remove all air-conditioning gas and leave only the required extra tire, spare keys and little fuel in the tank.
- Roll-on/Roll-off or Ro/Ro method of transportation is used most commonly and this is due to the fact that this is the cheapest and most convenient means of transportation. You would be required to completely empty your car and leave nothing in there, but leave the floor mats, the car jack and the spare tire. This is why the method is this cheap – you won’t be allowed to transport anything else but your empty vehicle.
- Container shipping is more convenient and even though it is slightly more expensive, it should be the preferable choice if you have additional goods that you need to transport. This is due to the fact that you would be allowed to ship other items in the shipping container, in the area which is not used by your car. You can choose from different container sizes and you can share a container with a third party if you want to save some money.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?