An alternate name for Curepipe in Mauritius is ‘City of Lights’. Its location is in the district, Plaines Wilhems, with its eastern part located in Moca district. Municipal Curepipe Council administrates this town, and it lies at an elevation known by the name of Central Plateau.
Those relocating from U.S. prefer to bring along their cars to Mauritius. Even when you factor in shipping costs, this proves to be better deal than purchasing new one in the country. The rates are quite high, and thus vehicle import is cost effective. Many U.S. ports offer regular transport of vehicles to this island nation. Thus, you will not find it difficult to find good shipping agency that is ready to handle this journey on your behalf.
There is nothing to choose regarding destination in Mauritius port because Port Louis is the capital city and the major harbor here. It is the first recipient of international cargo; however, if you want, you can forward the shipment to other ports of your choice from here.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What are the document requirements?
Before departing from U.S. port, the authorities here require certain documents. These are.
- Ownership proof/original vehicle title.
- Sales bill original.
- Lading bill.
- Lien holder no objection certification.
They will require this in the end, only when purchase of car is through active loans. Mauritius Revenue Services evaluates the vehicles based on the price, insurance costs and shipping charges.
Some additional requirements.
There are specific requirements for second-hand cars that you wish to import to Mauritius. You need to apply for import permit in anticipation from the Ministry of Commerce and Cooperatives. In case of used vehicles,
- age of vehicle should be between 18 – 48 months.
- you need to show original lading and sales bills.
- show registration cancellation certificate.
When it comes to importing vehicles into the country, Mauritius imposes associated duties that you need to pay. This number depends upon car value determined by local customs officials apart from Vat of 15% and emission taxes. The cars with 550 cc engine, import tax is 15% while others with over 2000 cc engine capacity, you might be required to pay 100% import duty and the 15% VAT.
Various shipping modes.
Port Louis accommodates vehicles transported via container shipping and roll on-roll off method, the second one being the more economical version. If you want to import antique or high-value luxury vehicle, you require additional protection and security. For this, you could choose container shipping method for complete peace of mind.
What to do before shipping vehicle.
Once you decide to ship your vehicles to Curepipe, Mauritius, and choose associated shipping method, you have to follow certain simple steps. This will ensure timely, safe arrival.
- Make sure vehicle is free of belongings.
- In-depth vehicle cleaning to cover both exterior and interior, this reduces quarantine delay.
- Only quarter full fuel tank.
- Transport insurance.
- Detail all scratches, dents, vehicle performance issues, and damage.
You can contact your shipping agency or Embassy of Mauritius to get more information on international import of vehicles.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?