Located in Columbia, Cucuta is found northeast of Colombia and on the border of Venezuela. Cucuta is divided into ten communes and holds a lot of political, economic, industrial, cultural, administrative, and one of the more important tourism hubs.
If you want to ship a car to Colombia you need to know what some of the rules and regulations are. For example, you can only ship new vehicles to Colombia, unless you have an antique car. All new vehicles that come to port will need to be checked by port authorities however, every car is different. As per Customs Authority of Colombia If you have an older car, you will need to buy a new car to import.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle import to Cucuta.
If you are exporting the car, it will most likely leave the U.S from Miami, Galveston, Houston, or Port Everglades and will most likely arrive at the port of Cartagena, Barranquilla, or Buenaventura in Colombia. Ships are departing on a regular schedule of weekly or sometimes bi-weekly. You can get a schedule from the ports that are located nearest to your home while planning your import.
When you are planning you vehicle shipment, you will need to decide which type of shipping method that will work for you. There is a Roll On/Roll Off method and container shipping method. The Roll On/Roll Off method is more affordable and requires your vehicle to be driven onto the ship and then off the ship once it reaches the destination. Shipping your vehicle by container can cost more money. To determine what your costs will be, you will need to take into considerations some factors such as what time of year it is, vehicle size, any additional insurance you want to add on, and if you need someone to pick up your vehicle at your home or are you going to drive it to the port yourself.
Important Things to Keep in Mind.
You will have a lot of things that you will need to keep track of when it comes to importing. When you are shipping your vehicle, the companies will most likely have a handle on everything but they will need some things from you.
- Eligibility: In order to ship from the port without any problems, your vehicle will need to be eligible for shipping. You can view Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations. Or you can visit the documentation regulations and rules regarding what to do if you have a lienholder.
- Documentation: you will need to provide proof of your driver’s license, your passport, and show some type of ownership, for example a title.
You will need to file all paperwork required to the U.S Customs and the Border Protection. If you have hired a shipping company, they can file these papers for you but, it’s something that you need to confirm first. You will need to submit the paperwork at least 72 hours in advance of shipping your car, however, more time would be better.
You will need to be at the port to pick your vehicle up or you will need to give power of attorney to the shipping service to be there and pick up the vehicle. A title transfer will need to be obtained once your vehicle is shipped. You may also be subject to paying any taxes and fees for shipping.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory