- Car Shipping Cotonou
- Hire A Professional Moving Company
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Cotonou
- Vehicle Regulations
- Before Shipping Your Vehicle
- Shipping Options To Benin
Car Shipping Cotonou
The economic hub of Benin, Cotonou is the largest city with a port and plenty of diplomatic services and government buildings dot the region. If you are living here or planning to move to Benin, it is essential to have your own transportation.
Hire a professional moving company
Moving your vehicle from U.S can be of help. However, you need to be careful about driving here as traffic is quite unpredictable, and only the major roadways are paved, and not the secondary ones.
It helps to have a 4-wheel vehicle while planning to move to Cotonou but even if you have another vehicle that you need imported, it is essential that all paperwork is in order as both U.S Customs and Benin Customs department have stringent policies of verification.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Cotonou
|Cotonou to (New York port) to New York, NY||$275||$3300||5+26 days|
|Cotonou to (California port) to Los Angeles||$350||$4100||5+65 days|
|Cotonou to (New York port) to Boston, MA||$400||$3300||5+26 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Cotonou||$475||$4100||6+65 days|
|Cotonou to (California port) to Phoenix, AZ||$550||$4100||6+65 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Cotonou||$575||$3300||6+26 days|
|Cotonou to (New York port) to Atlanta, GA||$700||$3300||6+26 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Cotonou||$775||$4100||7+65 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Cotonou||$800||$3300||6+26 days|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Cotonou||$1,025||$4100||7+65 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Before importing your vehicle, you need to be aware of the specific motor vehicle laws and regulations and follow them completely to avoid delays. Some of these regulations are:
- New vehicle has to pay import duties, VAT and other taxes. The duties and taxes vary based on the vehicle cost, brand, model, year, size. Shipping charges and insurance on the vehicle are considered as well.
- Each individual is allowed to import one vehicle at a time.
- The vehicle needs to have original Bill of Sale, listing the chassis number, engine, weight measurements, manufacturing year, size and model.
- Original vehicle and title registration.
- Signed non-sale certificate.
- Freight invoice from shipping agency.
- Original Bill of Sale.
Before shipping your vehicle
Before shipping the vehicle, you must possess final quote from A1 Auto Transport service and we’ll be glad to calculate the complete cost and appraise you about it. The quote includes the cost of exporting or shipping method you choose, along with the documents and valid paperwork. There are some other points, which you must follow while making your vehicle ready for shipping. Our shipping agent is likely to cover different types of shipping (RORO and container shipping) and other services we offer such as
- door to port.
- door to door.
There are some specifics on ways to ship the vehicle along with calculating the delivery time. For some valid information on the current custom documents, you can give us a call or touch base with U.S. Customs and Border Protection service.
Shipping options to Benin
- RORO Shipping: Roll-on/Roll-off shipping is a cost effective option, and the best way to transport your vehicle on a freight carrier ship. The vehicle will be driven onto the ship deck, and driven off when it reaches the Port of Cotonou. There are limitations that you have to steam clean the vehicle before shipping it by RORO. The vehicle has to be empty, with no air conditioning gas or personal items.
- Container shipping: When you transport your vehicle using this method, the vehicle is loaded into a container that is put on the freight ship. It is best to opt for this method, when you are transporting personal belongings, along with the vehicle. Cranes are used to lift the container on and off the ship. The sizes vary from 20 to 40 feet containers and you cannot carry anything that is considered illegal in Benin inside the containers.