Located in Belize, the city of Corozal is the capital of the Corozal district and is about eighty-four miles just north of Belize City. Corozal is only nine miles from the Mexican border.
If you plan to move to Belize for work, because you are a diplomat, or because you are returning citizen, you may want to consider what type of transportation you will be using the most. If you use public transportation, that may cost you more money in the long run. You can have your vehicle shipped to you to Belize at a port that is nearest to you.
When importing a vehicle to Belize, it’s important that you are aware of all the rules and regulations to accomplish this task and how long it will take for you to do that. You can hire A1 Auto Transport Service to ship your vehicle for you anywhere in the world. When you import a vehicle, there are papers that you will need to fill out as well as duties and taxes you will be required to pay. You can find out more about what to do to ship a vehicle to Belize by contacting the Belize Customs Department. Duties are calculated accordingly.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are a number of documents that must be submitted when applying for an import. You will first need to apply to the United States port and then to the port of Belize. Each port will need to approve your request to import before you will be allowed to import. Both applications will need the following information before you can complete your request:
- Your passport and photo ID.
- Vehicle documentation that lists the vehicle identification number as well as the make and model.
- License plate.
- Bill of sale for the vehicle you purchased.
- Bill of Lading.
- Clear Title.
- Insurance Certificate that is up to date.
Shipping vehicle to Belize.
One of the decisions you will need to make is what shipping method you want to use. There are two shipping methods to choose from; Roll On/ Roll Off method and Container shipping. A1 Auto Transport service can offer you door-to-port and door-to-door.
Container shipping is another option. You have two sizes to choose from; 20 and 40 foot container. The container is a great opportunity to ship everything at one time if you plan to Belize for a permanent basis. You can load the vehicle and then you can load all your personal items inside the container before it is sealed and loaded onto the deck of the ship. If you choose Roll On/Roll-Off method, you will need to follow the rules:
- Only 1/4 tank of gas is allowed inside the vehicle.
- No personal items can be left inside the vehicle.
- You will need to remove the air conditioning gas from your air conditioner.
- You will need to get your vehicle steam cleaned inside and outside.
- Only leave the floor mats, spare tire, and jack in the vehicle.
- You can leave a spare key inside the vehicle.
Before you begin the shipping process, you will need to check the schedules for shipping out from the United States port you choose and the importing schedule for port of Belize. You can find out more information by contacting the Embassy of Belize.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory