Cochabamba is located in South America. It is a city within Bolivia. It is the fourth largest city in the country and it located in a valley. The climate is very spring-like all year around which is good for the health of any vehicle.
When relocating to the city of Cochabamba, it is always wise to know the area a bit. Luckily, the city has an extensive road network, making it easy for travel. While there is public transportation including buses and taxis, it is always easiest to have your own vehicle accessible.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before Shipping a Vehicle from the U.S. to Cochabamba.
One must contact the Embassy of Bolivia prior to vehicle shipping. Doing so way ahead of time is always a good idea. There are many forms of documentation needed and several regulations that must be followed. Below, you will find a list of things that are needed. However, when contacting Customs, they will update you on any possible changes.
- Pay taxes and duties.
- Be present on the day of your vehicle’s due arrival to a port nearby Cochabamba.
- Inspection on any vehicle over $12,000.
- Only a left-handed vehicle is permitted.
- Certificate of Origin.
- Title and Registration.
- License or Picture ID.
- Commercial Invoice.
- Make, Model, and Year of Vehicle.
- Verifying Certificate.
- Insurance Policy- Original and Two Copies.
Make sure that you are present at the correct port on the day of your vehicle’s due arrival. Arrange transportation there ahead of time and make sure that you keep track of where your vehicle is at while it is being shipped.
Methods of Shipment Available.
There are several methods of shipping a vehicle into Cochabamba. These include air shipping, RO/RO shipping and container shipping. RO/RO and container shipping are the most commonly chosen.
RO/RO shipping will allow the transporting of a personal vehicle to cost less compared to the other methods. The vehicle must be empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire. The vehicle will be rolled onto the ship and off the ship.
Container shipping is a wonderful option for those needing to ship other belongings allowed by Bolivia Customs. The vehicle can be filled with property as well as the container’s remaining space. A container comes in two different sizes and can be shared with another individual. This will help cut the costs of shipping.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?