Ship Car To Chongqing
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Chongqing is one of the major cities in the Southwestern parts of China and it is also amongst the five national central cities. It is also one of the four direct-controlled municipalities in China. When planning to ship a vehicle to the city, you need to know that the research could be quite overwhelming.
There is a range of complicated regulations and getting through the customs authority is without a doubt, not an easy task. However, with the help of the A1 Auto Transport service, you would be able to spare time as well as effort as we are going to tackle this challenge on your behalf. With over 20 years worth of professional experience, we are going to take care of the hassle so you don’t have to.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are other options to choose from when you are working on your importing application. These options include:
- Door-to-door shipping which is a service offered by A1 Auto Transport Service. This shipping method will give you the peace of mind by picking up your vehicle at your door and driving it to the port. Once the vehicle reaches Chongqing, the vehicle will then be delivered to you wherever you choose.
- Terminal to Terminal Shipping is another service offered by A1 Auto Transport Service. With this service, your vehicle is driven to the nearest terminal for you and then you pick it up at the nearest terminal in Chongqing.
There are two primary ways for exporting a vehicle – you can choose the most appropriate one for your situation:
- Roll On/Roll Off shipping – the car is driven directly on the shipping deck at the freight carrier. They are then going to get strapped and secured and sailed off to the destination port. It is particularly efficient and rather cheaper.
- Container Shipping – this particular method is going to get your car shipped within a sealed container which provides an additional layer of security. It’s also a bit more expensive but if you want to ship additional personal belongings it’s without a doubt the way to go. However, keep in mind that the shipping time is also slower as there are more checkpoints. You can choose between a 20ft and a 40ft container based on your needs.
Preparing the vehicle for shipping.
Prior to sending off your car, make sure that you’ve covered these:
- Wash the car inside and out in order to get it ready for inspection and to avoid quarantine periods.
- Disable the car alarm in order to prevent drainage of your battery.
- The e-brakes and the foot brake need to be in perfect working condition.
- You need to empty the vehicle of all personal belongings and leave nothing but the jack and a spare tire.
- All of your external accessories should be removed prior to the shipment as well.
In order to get the vehicle imported legally, you would need to provide the General Administration of Customs in People’s Republic of China authorities with quite a lot of different documentation which includes:
- Declaration and written application in relation with the import cargo.
- Proof of age of the vehicle.
- Commercial value proof.
These are the documents which are absolutely mandatory when it comes to importing into the country of China.
You can take a look at the regulations online but the highlights are as follows:
- The taxes are calculated based on the engine displacement. The percentage is usually going to be at least 25% and considerably higher. This is because cars are considered to be luxury goods in China.
- Since the 2010, China has banned the import of used cars when they are designated for personal use. New cars are, however, accepted.
- Diesel-fueled vehicles, except for jeeps, are banned in China
- You can only import a left-hand drive car.
If you are looking to plan and move your vehicle to China, contact us at A1 Auto Transport and we’ll walk you through the process with ease. Additionally, you can contact the Chinese Consulate in USA to get the latest update on the current import laws.