Ship Car To Chittagong
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
One of the major coastal port and financial and economic hub of Bangladesh, Chittagong is situated on the banks of the River Karnaphuli. It is located in the midst of the Bay of Bengal and the Chittagong Hill tracts, making it one of the larger seaports of the country. With numerous industrial setups in Bangladesh, particularly in Chittagong, there has been an increase in employment and demand for imported vehicles. However, if you plan to move on a long-term basis, having a personal car becomes important.
For successful transportation of your vehicle to Chittagong, it is essential to hire an experienced international shipping service that knows the rules and regulations in Bangladesh that can navigate through government procedures, to pay the custom duties and get the vehicle delivered on time. An understanding of the weather is important for navigating shipping delays, as this part of world is prone to severe cyclones. However, by having an experienced auto transport service like A1 Auto Transport service that specializes in car and vehicle shipping to different countries can be an asset.
Steps prior to vehicle transport
It is true that a lot of documentation is needed for getting the car shipped from the nearest US port to Chittagong. However, we will ensure that the documentation is in order and the vehicle clears customs and offer you safe delivery in Chittagong. The rules laid down by Custom department of Bangladesh require important documents such as:
- Car title deed
- Car owner’s passport
- Invoice of vehicle purchase
- Ownership proof
- Residence permit to Bangladesh
- Insurance documents of the vehicle
- Bill of Lading
You can speed up delivery process by steam cleaning the interiors of your car prior to transport to remove quarantine possibilities. You will need to remove air-conditioning gases. Those who are unsure regarding shipping status eligibility of their vehicles may refer to US Federal Regulations Code Title 19.
Arrival in Chittagong
Upon arrival at Chittagong, you’ll need to follow certain procedures. Ensure that the necessary custom duties, shipment fees and taxes are paid. If required, the car undergoes tests and applications relating to associated modifications. You will need to apply for approvals from Bangladesh Road Transport Authority for registration of the vehicle and the identification plate.
- Roll Off/Roll On/Ro-Ro Shipping: This common transportation method, vehicles are driven onto the ship, harnessed and parked and then driven off the ship at the port. Those looking for a cost-effective and convenient mode of transfer tend to choose this method.
- Container shipping of the car: Another popular method of shipping this is ideal for those looking to ship their vehicle along with personal belongings. Either collection of the vehicles occurs from the home of the individual or you will need to deliver it to the designated depot. Depending upon the custom requirement, you can select a container of 20 feet-40 feet size. Pack your personal belongings in leftover space. This will aid secure transportation of your car and goods.
Call us today to know more about the shipping procedures. We will be happy to walk you through it. Get a free quote today!