The capital city of Moldova, Chișinău was known as Kishinev in the past. It is the biggest and the most populous city while being the center of industries and commerce. Located on the Bic River, the panoramic city is a prosperous and bustling town that has seen constant development since the crumbling of communism and Soviet Union. Moldova gained independence in 1991 and Chișinău is one of the most upcoming cities in Eastern Europe.
If you are moving for business or are a diplomat or a returning citizen, having your own personal vehicle helps to traverse the city and countryside with ease, without depending upon the public transport. If you are contemplating importing your car or any other personal vehicle to Chișinău, there are many specific requirements that need to be completed. You need to have the documents and pay the custom duties and other levies. In recent years, the laws on import and export have strengthened while the customs regulations have become more streamlined.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing for shipping.
As with international shipping, there is a lot of paperwork to take care of and some of the important documents which need to accompany the car for custom clearance at the domestic US port and at the port at Moldova include:
- Clear title deed of the car.
- ID proof and Passport of the owner.
- Car purchase invoice.
- Residence or work permit.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance certificate of the vehicle.
It is important to consider the restrictions or limitations on importing cars and vehicles to Chișinău, as per the Moldova Custom department. It is best to refer to the latest guidelines or work with a reputed international shipping company such as A1 Auto Transport service. It is essential to note that banks are closed on the weekends i.e. Saturday and Sunday. It is essential to remember that all accessories and air conditioning gas, fuel need to be removed while the car has to be steam-cleaned so that it is not quarantined. And if you intend shipping the car by Roll-on/Roll-off method, this is mandatory. This can cause delays. Thus, you will need to check with us at A1 Auto Transport service about the best way to get quick delivery of the vehicle in Moldova. To cut costs, you can drive the vehicle to the local US port but if needed, we offer pick- up facilities. Additional information is available at Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations.
Shipping methods to Chișinău.
- Roll-on/Roll-Off: Commonly termed as RORO, it is one of the most preferred methods of transportation of vehicles internationally. The vehicles are driven on at the domestic port and off the ship at the destination port of import. It is the most cost effective method of getting your car or vehicle to Chișinău.
- Container shipping: You can harness and secure your car along with other personalized items within 20 – 40 feet freight containers. However, it is more expensive and has many safety checkpoints that need to be met with this method.
When the car reaches Moldova, safety, emission and checks are done on the vehicle and you are required to pay Vat and other custom levies. Local registration and insurance is needed before you can drive your vehicle. For more information, check with the U.S. Embassy in Moldova.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?