Chinandega is the fifth largest city in Nicaragua and the administrative center of the district by the same name. Situated 12 miles from the Pacific Ocean, it is a bustling city and if you intend coming here to work or study or are a returning citizen, it is best to get your own vehicle imported from USA with ease.
However, as the city has tropical weather, it is hot and humid most parts of the year. Thus, consider the weather conditions before shipping the vehicle from USA so that there are no delays.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before you start any of the process to ship the vehicle, it is important to be clear n the total cost of moving your vehicle to Nicaragua. Some of the factors that affect the price include:
- method of shipping.
- insurance on the vehicle.
- size, weight and resale value of the vehicle.
- Import duties and taxes.
- Freight shipping charges.
- Inspection costs and registration charges of the vehicle in Nicaragua.
There may be additional charges by Nicaraguan Customs Department which cannot be anticipated and that are why it is important to factor in the above mentioned costs by getting a free quote from the shipping service. They will be able to assist you through the planning and estimations. The documents are needed by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection and at the destination port in Nicaragua. The procedures and paperwork will be handled by the shipping service and are a necessary part of the import process. Usually the port authorities require having the documents at least 72 hours in advance. These are the necessary documents:
- Social security card.
- Nicaraguan Consulate Certification.
- Driving license.
- Registration and title deed.
- Insurance documents.
- Bill of Lading.
- Power of Attorney, if you cannot be there to collect your vehicle.
You have the option of shipping only the vehicle by RORO or putting your vehicle and any other personal goods within a large container, and shipping it. That is called as container shipping. RORO is cheaper as your vehicle is driven on and off the ship at the ports while container shipping offers higher security and protection from weather and damage during transit.
You are only allowed to import new vehicles or used vehicles that are less than 10 years old. However, vintage cars can also be imported that are deemed classic but you need to produce the accompanying documents to ensure that it clears customs. The taxes are then adjusted according to the model and value of the vehicle. There are additional requirements that when you ship the vehicle from USA, it has to meet the requirements of the Nicaraguan customs. These include cleaning the car completely, removing the air conditioning gas and any personal items. All alarms and anti-theft devices have to be turned off before it is shipped. Additionally, your vehicle should be eligible for export from USA so ensure that it is listed on the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations.
Know more about shipping laws, import duties and current requirements at the Embassy of Nicaragua in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory