Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Chimbote is the largest city in the Ancash region in Peru and is the Santa Province’s capital. It is approximately 130 kilometers from Trujillo and about 420 kilometers of the capital city of Lima. It is also an important city as it serves as a transshipment junction in Peru.
If you intend on relocating to the city, you might want to get your personal vehicle with you. This is going to bring in tons of convenience but you would have to hire a professional shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport to help you out with this challenging task.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You should be informed that vehicles which are older than 5 years or have 50,000 miles or more on the odometer are not permitted. You have to pay 10% duty on new vehicles and approximately about 30% if your car is used. The taxes are levied based on the CIF value of the vehicle. You would have to get the Unique Customs Declaration which is completed with the National Customs Superintendency of Peru. In order to be qualified for it, you have to file the following:
- VIN number of the car.
- Model Number.
- Registration details of the car.
- Car purchase invoice.
- Ocean Bill of Lading.
- Insurance policy.
It is important to know that in addition to submitting the documents, there are other key aspects that have to be considered before the import can be finalized. Some of these eligibility criteria include:
- Your car shouldn’t be damaged and it shouldn’t have been involved in an accident.
- You can only import right hand drive cars.
- It has to pass a test on the emissions.
- You would have to notify the S. Customs and Border Protection Agency at least 72 hours in advance in order for them to get your vehicle prepared for the leave
- You have to establish personal identity with a valid driver’s license
- You have to provide proof of ownership and the original title as well as the bill of sale is going to do the best job for this. If you have liens on the vehicle you would have to get a written and signed authorization and permission from the lien holder.
- You would have to ensure that the year, make and the model of the vehicle are already listed on some of the forms.
You shouldn’t attempt to drive to Peru as there is no road that connects Panama with Colombia and you would definitely have to use a ship at some point. The A1 Auto Transport is going to help you through this process conveniently. Our agent will work with you to obtain all the shipping documents needed to successfully import your vehicle. They will also be available to explain the procedure to you. Shipping your automobile overseas may bring about many questions and you deserve to find the answers in the people you trust the most.
There are two different shipping methods for you to take your pick from. RORO or Roll-on/Roll-off as it’s commonly referred to, requires you to get your car driven on its own wheels on a shipping deck on the freight carrier. With this in mind, you have to get everything out but the floor mats, car jack, spare tire and an extra set of keys. The container shipping option is more appropriate if you have other belongings to be shipped and you want your car to be protected within an enclosed and sealed container.