Ship Car To Chengdu
Shipping a car to Chengdu from the United States.
The most complicated and headache-inducing part of an international move can be figuring out customs regulations for your imported goods – especially vehicles, which are so often subject to complex rules and requirements. That’s why so many trust in the services of A-1 Auto Transport, to provide reliable shipping services while also navigating the bureaucratic hurdles involved, quickly and effectively. As a leader in automotive transport, A-1 understands the process of shipping internationally to China – we’ll eliminate the guesswork for you.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Chengdu is the capital of China’s Sichuan province. This metropolis in the fertile Chengdu plain is one of the most important economic and transportation centers in the western portion of the country, and boasts a well-developed network of expressways and railways. Though the Silk River, once used for waterway access, is no longer deep enough to carry boat traffic, ports in nearby Luzhou and Yibin serve the city’s shipping needs.
Customs officials at Chengdu are charged with supervising and controlling arrivals into the city. A number of policies and regulations guide this process – below, find some important highlights:
- Please note that foreigners are no longer permitted to import used vehicles, as of 2010.
- Chinese customs regulations state that diesel-fueled vehicles are not permitted – with the sole exception of jeeps.
- Only left-hand drive cars will be allowed entry.
- As is normal for importation, vehicles entering China are subject to duty. This tax is dependent on the engine capacity, and may be considerable. It typically begins at around 25%. Note that foreign experts and companies with a local presence may be exempt from this duty.
Note also that you will need to be present in China at the time of the car’s arrival. Be sure to have the following documents ready to present:
- Invoice of the commercial value of the car.
- Proof of the age of the car.
- A written application and import cargo declaration.
Shipping takes two potential forms, so select whichever is optimal for your situation. With container shipping, vehicles can be loaded into a 20- or 40-foot cargo container, which is then loaded aboard the shipping vessel. Though pricier, these containers add an extra layer of protection from the elements. The roll-on/roll-off method is another popular choice, and sees the cars driven directly aboard the ship, train, or truck. Vehicles are secured in place, making this a safe (and affordable) pick overall.
Pickup and delivery come in two forms:
- Door-to-door shipping – As the name suggests, this method has the shipper collect the vehicle from your doorstep, and deliver it to a destination of your choosing within Chengdu.
- Terminal-to-terminal shipping – You’ve also got the option of dropping the car off yourself at a nearby terminal of departure, and picking it up onsite in Chengdu.
Preparing Your Vehicle.
Complete these important checks before shipping your car:
- Brakes must be functioning perfectly.
- The alarm system must be deactivated to prevent depletion of the battery.
- External fittings, such as ski or bike racks, must be taken down. Anything fixed in place, like the antenna, should be lowered out of the way.
- Leave a bit of gas in the fuel tank to assist in the loading and unloading of the car. No more than 25% of capacity is needed; in fact, any more can add unnecessary weight and should be avoided.
- Take all personal belongings out of the vehicle.
- Perform a thorough cleaning of the interior and exterior, to speed along the inspection process.