Ship Car To Charleroi
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Charleroi is both a city and a municipality of Wallonia which is located in the Hainaut province of Belgium. However, if you want to move there for business or study, for instance, having your own car is definitely going to provide you with a lot of advantages.
Importing vehicle the city is cheaper and easier from the USA than buying a new car, because of common trade agreements and simplified procedures.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing from USA.
You have to know that Belgium has pretty stringent regulations for importing a vehicle from a non-EU country. However, it’s definitely not impossible but the process is going to take a while more. If you are going to use the vehicle, as a personal one you have to declare it and you would be exempt from VAT and some other duties. You can only do this if:
- You have lived outside the EU or Belgium for at least 1 year prior to filing for this permit.
- The car has been purchased within the US at least 6 months before the shipping.
- You have paid the VAT before importing the car to Belgium.
- You intend to use it for at least a year in Belgium.
Belgium is known for its stringent laws when importing a vehicle from a non-European Union country. Keep in mind that working with an experienced shipping agent like the A1 Auto Transport service is definitely advisable. Apart from that, you would also have to provide the authorities with the following documentations which include but are not limited to:
- Bill of purchase.
- VAT proof and other paid taxes.
- Letter of exemption (if any).
- Passport of the owner.
- Proof of residency from outside of the EU.
- Bill of Lading.
However, if your vehicle does not qualify for the aforementioned tax exemption, you would be subjected to the requisite levies, VAT and customs duties based on the current market value of your vehicle. After you have imported the car, you’d have to register it in Charleroi with the Belgian Transport Services and this has to be done within the first six months. You can take advantage of the following shipping methods:
- RORO: This is the most commonly used shipping method but you would have to leave nothing in your car but the spare keys, spare tire, floor mats and car jacks. Furthermore, you should remove all air conditioner gasses and steam clean the car in order to avoid any unwanted delays.
- Shipping in an enclosed container: You can choose between 20ft and 40ft container and you can ship as many personal belongings within it as you want and need to. It is a bit slower and more expensive than the RORO but it’s more convenient if you have other personal belongings to ship.
You will need to decide upon the best method of the shipment so that we can offer you a free quote based on that. It is best to consider your budget and requirements before selecting. If we can be of any assistance, in helping you decide, please call us today. Additionally, you can check with the Embassy of Belgium for more information.