Ship Your Car To Or From Cartagena, Colombia
The city of Cartagena is a port situated in the northern Colombia, right there in the Caribbean Coast Region. It’s the capital of the Bolivar Department and has a population count of almost one million people, making it the 5th biggest city in the country. Contributing to the economic growth of the country, the maritime, petrochemicals and tourism industry have a major role to play.
About Shipping Your Car to Cartagena
If you aren’t capable of driving the car to the port on your own, you need to make sure that you’ve arranged this with the A1 Auto Transport, one of the top international shipping companies in U.S. You will also have to provide quite a lot of different documents, including:
- Vehicle’s title
- Insurance certificate
- Vehicle purchase invoice
- Signed power of attorney ( if you aren’t there to pick up the vehicle)
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Number
Our car shipping agent is going to make the shipping process easy and will take care of all the hassle. We have shipped hundreds of vehicles to Colombia and understand all aspects of Colombian Customs Department and their specifications.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Import Duty Exemptions And Requirements
Now, only diplomats are actually allowed to import used vehicles in the city. If you aren’t a diplomat, you may only import a vehicle as long as it’s not older than a year and has no mileage on it. If you are a diplomat you need to ensure that you abide by all the necessary rules and regulations set forth by Columbia when preparing for the overall shipping process. There are certain things that you need to do in order to get the clearance:
- Import permit which has been approved by the Customs
- Emissions Certificate which is resigned to the owners name
- Passport which includes an active Visa for at least a year
- ID Card if you are a returning citizen
- Airway Bill and Bill of Lading
- Original registration and title
- Original bill of sale
You will also have to provide the following documents to verify your Diplomatic status:
- Diplomatic Permit which is presented by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Registration documents from the Foreign Ministry
- Import permit which is issued from the Incomex Institute.
You don’t need to receive import license before your shipping. If you are a returning diplomat you need to apply in person for a permit and you will have to pay IVA tax ranging from 15% to 45%.
Due to the fact that the city doesn’t sit on the coastline, the best way for you to have the vehicle shipped is through Air Cargo to the Eldorado Airport in Cartagena. This is the fastest way to get your car shipped and you can also have other goods shipped with it. Of course, you can also opt for sea shipping through the methods of Ro-Ro or Container Shipping.
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact the Embassy of Columbia in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?