Situated in the Central department in Paraguay, Capiatá is the hub of commerce and trade in the country. If you are moving to the city on a work visa or have a residential permit for long term stay, importing your own vehicle can be of advantage. As Paraguay is a landlocked country, it is a little difficult to import the vehicle from USA. However, the freight shipping cargo is delivered in Argentina and then land transported across to Paraguay.
Additionally, river transportation through the river ports can be arranged through the rivers Paraguay and Parana. It is best to work with an experienced shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport service that has experience in transporting vehicles globally. A1 Auto Transport service is one of the leading companies that have over twenty years of experience dealing with international global vehicle transportation. Before you ship from USA, you will need to arrange to have your vehicle delivered to the port for shipping. If you are unable to deliver the vehicle, you can utilize the ‘door to port’ services from A1 Auto Transport service.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods of Shipping.
The two main methods of shipping to Capiatá for ocean freight are Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container shipping. The 20 or 40 feet containers are used to hold the vehicle and the other personal items. Then it is sealed. This adds security to the vehicle during transportation whereas, RORO is cheaper and more commonly used method. Your vehicle is driven on board and secured on the deck. It is driven off at the port in Argentina. However, that is why the car has to be operable, so it is important to leave ¼th tank of gas. You are not allowed any personal items on board, and need to steam clean the vehicle before it is shipped.
With just a few limitations, shipping to Paraguay isn’t an issue. However, you are required to pay the import taxes and port duties, so that the vehicle is cleared. Before the vehicles are shipped from USA, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency has to be notified. The main requirements include:
- Proof of ownership- passport/driving license.
- Bill of sale.
- Clear title with no liens.
- Vehicle insurance.
- Bill of Lading.
If you are contemplating shipping to Capiatá, it is important to inform about your intention to the U.S. Custom or the shipping service will complete the process. You can contact the Paraguayan Embassy in the U.S. to get more details about the current regulations.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory