The scenic city of Barysaw is situated within Minsk Voblast close to the Berezina River. After the end of socialist regime, Belarus started the process of rebuilding the nation and today it is one of the leading Eastern European countries in terms of trade and business. If you are on a work permit in Barysaw or intend staying there on a long term basis, it is best to have your own personal vehicle with you as public transport system in a different country can be tricky. However, transportation of the car from US to Belarus may seem stressful but it is not as difficult as you think.
When you work with A1 Auto Transport Company, you can be sure of getting the best service, safe transit and delivery of your vehicle in Belarus. However, there are associated custom clearance, documentation and levies that need to be paid. As Belarus is a landlocked country, the closes port is in Poland, Latvia or in Lithuania. Thus, the owner or the authorized shipping representative will need to be present at the port and then the car or vehicle will be transported by land transportation to Barysaw.
Necessary documentation for shipping to Barysaw
As per the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, there are specific list of documents that need to be submitted before the vehicle can be shipped from the U.S port. While at the port of delivery and at the Belarus Customs Department, you will need to get the documents verified. These documents are:
- Title deed of the car
- Insurance certificate
- Vehicle registration
- Owner’s passport,
- Proof of residency/work permit
- Listed past damages to the car/vehicle
- New vehicles without titles need dealership purchase bills
Traveling in Barysaw as a foreigner
After the car has been delivered, you will be required to get a temporary local registration number and Belarus car insurance before you can commute in and out of the city. Make sure that you have the International driver’s license and keep your ID proof with you at all times. It is important to know all about driving in Barysaw and rest of Belarus.
Methods of shipping
There are two methods of maritime freight shipping, namely RORO and container shipping. The Roll-on/Roll Off is the cheaper method where the car is driven on the ship, secured and then driven off at the port. You are not allowed to keep any valuable or personal belongings in the car but have to drain the air conditioning gas, while only a set of keys and spare tire is allowed in the car. In the container shipping method, you are allowed to put the car and other personal belongings which are packed and secured within the enclosed 20 or 40 feet container.
It is best to be clear about the current laws and regulations in Belarus, before you ship your vehicle. Contact the Embassy of Republic of Belarus for more information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory