Barisal is one of the major cities in Bangladesh as it lies on the bank of the Kirtankhola River and it is in the south-central part. It is by far the largest city and also the administrative center of the Division and the District of Barisal.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Even though there is a major development in the metro system and public transportation as a whole, it’s easier if you had your own personal vehicle with you and travel at will. With this in mind, if you plan on working or living in Barisal, having your car imported is definitely beneficial but you’d have to abide by certain regulations, fill in quite a lot of paperwork and pay the necessary taxes. Weather conditions might also cause some delays as Bangladesh is prone to cyclones and flooding. However, the laws are steadily changing and importing a vehicle has become easier over the last years. You have to abide by the following conditions:
- Your vehicle shouldn’t be older than four years.
- Used vehicles can be imported only from the originating country and it’s not allowed from any other countries.
Import tax Rates.
The import tax is ranging between 0% and 40%, the VAT is 15% and there is a 2.5% infrastructure development surcharge. Excise taxes are known to be levied on vehicle and duty free import is allowed only to VIPs and diplomats. All others have to pay taxes and duties to bring in foreign made vehicles.
As per the legal norms of USA and Bangladesh, it is important that all documentations are completed and organized before submissions. You would be required to provide the following documents to the Bangladesh Custom Department and these include:
- Registration of vehicle.
- Car purchase invoice.
- Passport and title deed.
- Ownership documentation.
- Residence permit.
- Letter of Authorization.
- Report for the Car Condition.
- Import Permit from the Controller.
Furthermore, if you need to expedite the delivery process, you would have to remove air conditioning gasses and get the vehicle steam cleaned. When the car is shipped, there are quite a lot of procedures to be taken care of prior to getting the car. You are going to have to get an international driving license. You should also pay all the allocated taxes and to undergo an emission test and get identification plates from the Bangladesh Road Transport Authority.
There are two regular shipping methods that you can choose from – the RORO and Container Shipping. While RORO is far cheaper and quicker, it’s also not advisable for an expensive vehicle as the car is going to be fully exposed to the elements for the entire period of the shipping. It is cheap because the charges are only on the parking space allocated for the vehicle and it is driven on and off the ship using its own wheels.
On the other hand, Container shipping is going to provide you with the ultimate protection and would allow you to ship other belongings but it’s more expensive and slower.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?