Located in Uzbekistan, the city of Andijon is the administrative, economic, and cultural center of the Andijan Region. It is located to the south east edge of the Fergana Valley which is near Kyrgyzstan and the Uzbekistan border.
If your intend moving here or staying on a temporary basis for a few months in Andijan, you may want to bring your own vehicle with you from the United States. It’s important to know that when you import to a city in Uzbekistan, it is landlocked so your vehicle will need to be shipped from the United States to Bandar Abbas located in Iran or you could also send it to Mumbai, India and then have it driven to Andijan.
You will also need to be present when your vehicle arrives at the port or if you can’t make it, you will need to have a power of attorney there in your place. Your authorized representative, A1 Auto Transport service can pick up your vehicle and deliver it as you designate. They can work with you on pre-shipping and preparing your vehicle to getting it to the right location in Andijan.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Taxes and Fees.
As with imports, you are required to pay taxes and import duties when the vehicle is shipped over. In Uzbekistan, the taxes are based on the engine capacity, apart from considering the CIF. The taxation is:
- For cars with the engine capacity of no more than 1000cc’s, the amount you will pay is 20% plus the $1.8/CC you will pay the United States.
- For cars coming from the United States with 1000cc to 1500cc’s, you will be required to pay 30% in addition to the $2/CC you will pay the United States.
- For cars that have 1500cc to 3000cc’s, you pay 30% and $2.50/CC to the United States.
- Cars that have more than 3000cc’s will be charged 40% and $3.00/CC in the United States.
When you ship the vehicle from the United States to Andijan, you will need to make sure that you have prepared your vehicle for shipping, paid all duties, and have brought all the necessary documents with you. It’s important to also know what receiving port you will prefer; Iran or India. You should expect that once your vehicle reaches the border, the Uzbekistan Customs Department there will require that all levies and duties are paid. You will need to have the following documents with you:
- Registration for the vehicle.
- Title to the vehicle.
- International driver’s license.
- Proof of ownership of the vehicle.
- Original purchase invoice of the vehicle.
- Residence/Work permit in Uzbekistan.
- Car insurance proof.
Shipping your Vehicle to Andijan.
The mountain terrain is very rugged and this makes it difficult to get your vehicle imported without hassle. It’s important to know what method of shipping is available for importing to Andijan; air shipping, container, and Roll On/ Roll Off.
Air shipping is available for those who need their vehicle shipped very fast however it is the most expensive way to ship your vehicle to Andijan.
Container shipping is a secure way to transport your vehicle and any personal items you may want to bring with you. Choose from an enclosed 20-foot container or 40-foot container. This method of shipping is more expensive than the Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping.
Roll On/ Roll Off shipping, or RORO or Ro-Ro is another shipping method option to choose from. This is the most affordable way to ship a vehicle to Andijan. Your vehicle will be driven directly onto the deck of the ship at the port in the United States. Once it reaches the port in Iran or India, it will be driven off. During transport, your vehicle will secured in place on a deck of the ship and you will only pay for the space your vehicle will take up. You are not allowed to have any personal items inside the vehicle, you can only have one-fourth tank of gas in the gas tank, and you will need to steam clean the vehicle before it can leave the port.
You can contact the Uzbekistani Consulate prior to your shipment date in the United States. They can tell you more about the rules and regulations and update their information if it has changed.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?