Shipping A Car To Lesotho
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- To ship a car to Lesotho from the U.S. will generally cost from $3,600 to $7,000 or more, depending on the specifics, timeframe for delivery and type (or size) of car being shipped.
- There are not a lot of routes that regularly operate between the U.S. and Lesotho, which is partly why the cost is relatively high.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Lesotho
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Maseru||$275||$4,900||5+33|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Maseru||$350||$5,300||5+41|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Maseru||$400||$4,900||5+33|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Maseru||$475||$5,300||6+41|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Maseru||$550||$5,300||6+41|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Maseru||$575||$4,900||6+33|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Maseru||$700||$4,900||6+33|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Maseru||$775||$5,300||7+41|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Maseru||$800||$4,900||6+33|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Maseru||$1,025||$5,300||7+41|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Being a landlocked country, Lesotho shares its borders with Namibia and while it also shares some of its laws, generally the legal system of Lesotho differs from that of other South African countries. This is important to remember when you are trying to ship an automobile to this country. It is important to research all of the necessary steps that will need to be taken in order to transport an automobile from one country to Lesotho. Contacting the embassy is the first step and then finding a shipping company. There are many different companies offering overseas shipping to places like Lesotho. They vary in shipment methods and they vary in pricing.
So, it is the responsibility of the customer to choose which company they feel is right for them. These companies will help you prepare your automobile for shipment and help you find all the needed documents. They will transport your vehicle securely and offer various insurance policies to counteract any accidents.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Lesotho
- Import Permit
- Letter of Authority
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- Proof of Work/Schooling Abroad
- Purchase Invoice
- Bill of lading
- Value determination letter
In order to qualify for import authorization, an applicant must have owned the car for at least six months. During this time frame, they also must have resided in a foreign country for school, research, or employment purposes. There are other documents that you will have to procure and present along with these.
Before beginning to acquire these documents you should request the application form H462. Inquiries regarding this form should be sent directly to Directorate for Import and Export Control. There is an application for the letter of authority as well.
Once you have acquired all of the necessary documents as well as filled out all of the necessary paperwork the next matter is simply to find a company who offers international shipping on automobiles. There are many and while in the end, it is the customer’s decision, there are some things that set certain companies apart from one another. Use one that has been in the business for a while, is knowledgeable about the regulations of the country, and has a longstanding history of satisfied customers. Choose one that offers multiple options for shipping such as roll-on-roll-off and container shipping and related costs. These two methods are the most secure, they involve different regulations as far as what exactly can be shipped and they come at different prices.
As long as you have completed all of the necessary paperwork and provided all of the proofs, shipping a car to Lesotho is relatively easy. Just be sure to know exactly what goes on in the process so that you won’t be caught by surprise if something changes.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Lesotho
When your goal is to have heavy equipment or oversized cargo shipped outside of the U.S. and to Lesotho, you will want to hire a professional transport company for the delivery. A1 Auto Transport is one of the most reliable and longest standing shipping companies around. We have easy access to the highest quality shipping equipment, the latest in transport technology, and tons of help from our trained and experienced transport specialists. There is no doubt that we can safely ship your cargo regardless of what it is to Lesotho.
We hardly have any limitations placed on the types of cargo we can ship overseas and to give you somewhat of an idea, we’ve created a list of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we can help you deliver...
- RVs and Motorhomes
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Haulers and More…
Assorted Overseas Transport Methods Offered through A1
Contingent on your shipping needs and the type of cargo you have, one or more of our transport methods may be eligible for you to purchase. Our transport specialists will help you with your selection when you call in to learn more and schedule your international delivery. Nonetheless, if you’re curious as to what choices you may have, here is a brief explanation of each of our services…
- Flat Rack- Your cargo is tightly secured to a flat rack or large metal frame which is then carefully lifted onto the ship for its transport.
- Container Shipping- This is an enclosed shipping method that provides your cargo with the ultimate safeguarding during its travels. Your cargo must fit into a 40ft shipping container even with some disassembly if you wish to use this transport method.
- RoRo Shipping- This open air transport service is only available to those with functioning vehicles and equipment since the cargo must drive onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- LoLo Shipping- This open air method is suggested to customers with broken equipment or vehicles as well as those that crated their cargo. A crane operator will carefully lift the cargo onto and off of the boat.
Related Information & FAQs
- How do I choose the right transporter to ship my car to Lesotho?
- What costs might I pay for shipping services to Lesotho?
- What is the best way to ship my car to Lesotho?
- What services can I use for shipping my car to Lesotho?
- Ship a vehicle to Lesotho in South Africa using an enclosed transport service
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇱🇸 Lesotho, (LS)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇱🇸 Lesotho, (LS)
🇱🇸 Lesotho, (LS)
🇱🇸 Lesotho, (LS)
🇱🇸 Lesotho, (LS)
🇱🇸 Lesotho, (LS)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August