Importing A Vehicle To Kiribati From The United States
Shipping A Car To Kiribati.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- You can expect to pay between $2,000 to $4,600 to ship a car to Kiribati from U.S.
- Since it’s an island nation in the Pacific, there are is somewhat limited availability for transport service to the area, which can also increase the cost depending on the time of year.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Kiribati
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Betio||$275||$7,500||5+38|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Betio||$350||$3,700||5+26|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Betio||$450||$3,700||5+26|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Betio||$475||$3,700||6+26|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Betio||$550||$3,700||6+26|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Betio||$575||$7,500||6+38|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Betio||$675||$7,500||6+38|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Betio||$700||$7,500||6+38|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Betio||$775||$3,700||7+26|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Betio||$1,075||$7,500||7+38|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Having to ship a car internationally can seem like a formidable task to undertake. When you need to have your vehicle in Kiribati with you, it doesn’t have to be a stressful situation at all. When you hire a professional International Automobile Transport Company all of the painstaking worried will be taken care of in a professional and simplified way. You’ll need to provide the agent with documents that will show your identities, such as your Driver’s License and Social Security Card, as well as your vehicle title and registration, insurance papers and passport. You’ll also need to sign a Power of Attorney form to allow the company to transport your vehicle over land in the United States to the major shipping port nearest your location that ships out to Kiribati. You will also want to contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency to be referred to mandatory documents you will need to provide to export your vehicle to Kiribati prior to shipping as well as to go through customs once you reach the country. Another good thing to check into will be the annual weather conditions so you will know when the rainy seasons may be and what the statistics for roadway flooding are. Roadways in Kiribati are quite modern and travel throughout the country is easily accessible for all types of vehicles.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Kiribati
- Import permit.
- Bill of lading.
- Registration paperwork.
- Purchase invoice.
Kiribati Import Regulations
Kiribati is a tropical island nation located in the Pacific Ocean and is accessible by seaport when shipping a vehicle. The island has several sea ports that you can ship your vehicle to when importing. You will need to provide the customs department in Kiribati with a copy of your vehicle title and registration, proof of insurance that will cover you while driving in Kiribati and your vehicle paperwork must include your vehicle make, model, manufacture year, engine and chassis numbers, and emissions report. You can contact the customs division of Kiribati prior to having your vehicle shipped to gain insight on taxes and duties that must be paid and other documentation that will be required to have your vehicle cleared through customs when entering the country.
Customs checks can take up to a week for clearance, so having all necessary paperwork in hand is advised to shorten the length of time for clearance. The Federal Maritime Commission in the United States is a great resource for information on shipping internationally and you can look up information as well as contact them through their website. Before your car can be released at the entry port, you will also need to provide the Original Bill of Lading from the overseas transport company and your Import Entry Form that will need to be filled out by you and the agent at the entry port to assess taxes that will be due on the shipment. You’ll need to make 5 copies of both of these forms to provide them to Customs (2 copies), the KPA Warehouse( 2 copies), the Exit gate( 1 from the KPA Warehouse will be provided for exit) agent as well as a copy for yourself.
Best Ways to Ship to Kiribati
With the available access to open sea ports along the coastline of Kiribati, the most economical way to have your vehicle shipped to the country will be by sea. You can choose from either Ro-Ro Shipping or Container Shipping. If you don’t have any personal household items to ship with the vehicle, Ro-Ro is the least expensive and quickest way to ship overseas. You’ll need to prepare your vehicle for Ro-Ro Shipping by having it thoroughly cleaned inside and out and you’ll need to ensure that no personal items or paperwork are left in your car prior to shipping.
If you have items that will need to be shipped along with your vehicle then your best choice for shipping will be in a container. Container Shipping allows for your vehicle as well as any items you need to ship with it to be loaded into a secured container and then transported overseas on a freight ship. The time for container shipping may take a little longer than when using Ro-Ro but it is very beneficial when you are relocating and need to have your personal household items shipped as well.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Kiribati
A1 Auto Transport offers heavy equipment and oversized cargo shipping from the United States to nearly anywhere in the world even Kiribati. On a daily basis, we ship all types of cargo for our customers nationally and internationally which means we must have access to all the proper shipping equipment and technology. Due to our outstanding reputation, long standing history in the industry, and strong relationships, we have been successfully delivering cargo and goods all around the world for almost 30 years. Here are types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we can ship:
Construction Agricultural In-operables
Backhoes Harvesters Engines
Excavators Tractors Large Boats
Bulldozers Combines Cranes
Dump Trucks Mowers Piping
Forklifts Cotton Pickers
The types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we can ship exceeds all that you see above. We are also capable of delivering mining, paving, industrial, hydraulic, and engineering equipment among other oversized cargo types.
Our Most Popular Methods of Shipping Overseas
The shipping services available to you for your cargo’s transport to Kiribati depend on the type of heavy equipment or cargo it is you’re sending over. Our professionals will inform you of your options when you call in to receive a free quote but until then, here is a little information about our overseas transport services...
- The Lift On/Lift Off (LoLo) method of open air transport uses a crane to pick up and place your cargo on top of the boat. This means of shipping is recommended to those shipping oversized cargo that’s been crated or for large inoperable vehicles.
- The Roll On/Roll Off (RoRo) method of open air transport is the most cost effective and affordable option. Your vehicle or equipment must be operable and able to use of a ramp to get on and off the cargo ship.
- The flat rack shipping method is another open air service that is useful for transporting large boats, pipes or machinery since they can be loaded from the top or the sides. Your cargo is then secured to a metal frame and placed on top of the ship.
- Container shipping is the most secure shipping option and offers the most protection from the inclement weather. For this reason, it usually is the most expensive option.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇰🇮 Kiribati, (KI)
Our Services and Information
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August