Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Ethiopia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Ship Your Car To Or From Ethiopia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Because of the distance involved in shipping a car to Ethiopia from the U.S., it is not cheap.
- Standard vehicles transported to the area generally cost between $3,600 and $7,200, with costs being higher for larger vehicle types and those shipped from the West Coast.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Ethiopia
|New York, NY to (New York port)|
to Addis Ababa
|Los Angeles to (California port)|
to Dire Dawa
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port)|
|Portland, OR to (California port)|
|Seattle, WA to (California port)|
to Bahir Dar
|Columbus, OH to (New York port)|
to Bahir Dar
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port)|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port)|
to Dire Dawa
|Denver, CO to (California port)|
to Addis Ababa
|Houston, TX to (New York port)|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
If an extended trip or even permanent residence in Ethiopia is in the near future, have a personal vehicle shipped there for personal use. It will give a person the freedom to travel whenever necessary without being burdened with the Horn of Africa’s public transportation, language barriers, and currency issues.
Having a personal vehicle transported from the United States to Ethiopia isn’t as difficult as it may seem. While exporting to Southern Africa is more difficult due to its strict regulations, shipping a vehicle to the Horn of Africa isn’t nearly as difficult. The regulations for vehicle shipping differ throughout the continent.
Popular Destinations In Ethiopia
About Ethiopia and Local Travel
Being the most inhabited landlocked country in all of the worlds, Ethiopia has many roadways. Not all of the roads are in the greatest of shape, but over the past few years, local travel has become much easier with the funding raised for road construction.
Ethiopia’s topography includes Highlands, mountainous regions, valleys, and plains. There are many different things to see, especially the wildlife and culture of the country. Whether a person is there for study, employment or to reside, having a personal automobile will be very helpful with local travel.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Ethiopia
Vehicle exporting anywhere outside of the U.S. will involve specific documentation and certain requirements. It all depends on where a vehicle is being shipped to. As for Ethiopia, the requirements are rather lenient and having a vehicle shipped there from the U.S. won’t be that difficult.
What Is Needed:
- Proof of Ownership
- Title and Registration
- License and Passport
- Receipt from Importation
- Driver’s license
- Insurance certificate
- OBL with VIN #
- Import permit
- Authorization of road authority
- Letter of support
There will also be some requirements that will need to be followed and nearly 5 different taxes that will need to be paid to Ethiopian Customs. The owner of the vehicle must be present at the Port of Djibouti on the day that the vehicle is due for arrival.
Ways to Ship a Vehicle
There are different options to select from when a vehicle is to be shipped. There is the container method which comes in several sizes, and there is the RO/RO method of shipping, also referred to as the roll on, roll off method.
When other possessions are to be shipped with the vehicle, then container shipping is the method that should be chosen. The vehicle can be filled with belongings, as well as the container. The container can even be shared with another individual to help cut costs.
An alternative method would be RO/RO shipping. The RO/RO shipping method requires that the vehicle is empty. The vehicle must also be capable of rolling on and rolling off of the ship.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Ethiopia
If you’re looking to ship your oversized cargo or heavy equipment from the U.S to Ethiopia, then look no further! A-1 Auto Transport is equipped to get your large cargo to its final destination without the fuss. A lot of preparation goes into shipping to Ethiopia, from determining the size and weight of your equipment to the obtaining permits and tariff considerations.
At A1, we’ll help you every step of the way and make sure your cargo arrives as expected. We have shipped nearly everything under the sun, across the world, and are confident we can find a shipping procedure just right for your needs. We are shipping all the time and have a full range of successful overseas deliveries under our belt. We have served folks just recently in the shipping of tractors, backhoes, excavators, bulldozers, forklifts, cranes, large trucks, log loaders, pneumatic rollers, skidders, asphalt pavers and much more. If you had any questions whether or not we could assist, we have friendly professionals standing by to answer any questions you may have.
Depending on the nature of your freight, there are some vessel and transport options available that you will need to look into. There are 4 primary means of shipping equipment from the U.S. to Ethiopia and they are by means of container, full rack, roll in/roll out and lift on/lift out shipping. Each bring a unique specification to the table as you decide what will work best for you.
Shipping Options Explained
- Container shipping is a traditional mode of transport. Enclosed and secure with fixed pricing (excluding weight), it’s a great avenue to go given your cargo would fit into the sizes available.
- LoLo shipping is when your object needs picked up and set onto a ship that can also be referred to as a self geared vessel. A bit more expensive than container shipping since the crane, operator and placement add extra detail and precision to the job. This type of shipping works very well with inoperable vehicles and large items that need placed on the top of a cargo vessel.
- RoRo is one of the simplest and most cost effective way of getting your cargo overseas. Works only if your vehicle is operable and/or can be wheeled on and off the Flat Rack Shipping is used for uniquely large items that would not fit into a container such as machinery and material stacks. Shaped like a shipping container sans walls and a ceiling, it provides an alternative transporting option.