Ship a Car to Europe for Vacation
Consider shipping your car to Europe if you’re going there for a temporary stay or long vacation. International car shipping is simple to take advantage of and easy on the budget. It will save you from overpaying for public transport and dealing with language or currency barriers. Having your own car will also allow you to do a lot more sight-seeing without the deterrents you’d otherwise face.
Some countries frown upon cars imported from the United States so the import policy may have harsher restrictions and higher tax rates. There are even some countries and nations with seaports that restrict open-air transports. Fortunately, this is all stuff that your professional transport company can help you to understand and deal with. Make sure that your car and shipping services comply with the import regulations that are currently in place for the country in Europe you plan to ship to. The shipping company will not ship your car to Europe if it doesn’t meet the import regulations set by the nation.
Common International Shipping Methods for Vehicles
- The RO/RO method is the most common way to ship a car overseas. It is also an open-air service. After your car’s inspection, it will be loaded onto the deck of a flatbed freight ship and secured for transport. With this option, all personal items must be removed from the automobile except floor mats, car jacks and a spare tire. Shipping costs are often calculated by weight too so this should ease some financial concerns.
- Container shipping is a safer transport method but also a little pricier than open air shipping. Your vehicle will be behind locked doors for the entire trip protected against the elements. Shippers are allowed to pack other goods into their vehicles and the extra space of the container. This shipping method is especially useful for anyone permanently relocating.
What Is the Cost for Overseas Shipping to Europe?
There are many things considered when the exact total of your car shipping services are calculated. For instance, the distance, weight, type of car, time of year, shipping services chosen, and the current cost of fuel are all important factors that must be calculated in to your final bill. All auto transporters add up their charges differently but it is almost certain that they’ll take all the above factors into consideration.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory