Ship a Car from NY to Europe
A whole lot of attention and training is needed to successfully ship a car from NY to Europe. Fortunately, this is a common practice for international shipping companies due to the high demand of global car transport. Licensed professionals in the auto transport industry will have all the right equipment, current transport technologies, and training to carefully deliver your car to any country in Europe.
To get your car to its destination, ground and overseas transport methods might be necessary.
A Brief Step by Step Explanation of the International Shipping Process
- Try to start looking for an overseas auto transporter months in advance. Use online resources to find the best shipping companies nearest to where you reside in NY. Make sure they are licensed, BBB approved, and highly respected among their past customers.
- Once you hire a transporter for the job and have a pickup date scheduled, start preparing. The first thing you may want to do is call the embassy for the nation in Europe you need the vehicle delivered to. The embassy will explain the country’s import laws and tax information.
- As soon as you’re aware of the proof you need to provide Customs with, start collecting this documentation. All proof must be turned in before the transport date. If approved, Customs will provide you with an import approval certificate.
- Cleaning your vehicle and checking fluids are part of the preparation requirements of the transport company. Depending on the shipping services involved with your car’s transport, you’ll have to fulfill various tasks to get the vehicle ready for transport overseas.
- Along with caring for the car before it leaves for its new home, you’ll want to snap some photographs of its interior and exterior. This is for your personal protection. Once the car arrives in Europe and you’re giving it an evaluation for possible damages, you can refer to the pictures for help.
- If you are responsible for picking the car up from the right European seaport, make sure you are there in time to retrieve it. Ports will not hold vehicles for their owners. Some transport companies will offer door to door delivery and even some storage solutions if necessary.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?