Ship a Car from Honolulu to Los Angeles
When you go through a reputable, experienced car shipping company, you can expect your car’s transport from Honolulu to Los Angeles to go smoothly and on time. What a lot of potential shipping customers don’t realize is that hiring a transporter is actually affordable and even cost effective. There aren’t many other options available especially when the car must travel from land, over water and back to land again. There’s a lot to stay cautious of and many tools and transport equipment needed to safely deliver the vehicle.
Should I Ship My Car through Enclosed or Open Air Services?
Enclosed shipping methods are sometimes preferred when a car is to transport overseas. Enclosed services are recommended to those with long distance transports or valuable vehicles that must be delivered. The thick walls of the shipping container provide protection against vandalism, poor weather conditions, and other outside elements that may cause harm while the vehicle is making its way from Honolulu to Los Angeles.
If you choose to ship your car to L.A. through open air shipping methods, empty out the inside of the vehicle. Only leave the floor mats, spare tire and a car jack. You want the car to weigh as little as possible. Otherwise, enclosed shipping methods allow you to pack the car up as well as the remaining container space.
The RO/RO shipping a.k.a open air transport also requires the vehicle owner to have the car repaired if it has any leaks. Hazardous leaks will damage the ship and any other items transporting with the car. As long as the car is prepped according to standard, this method of auto transport is trustworthy of delivering your car from the islands to the states. Document any damages and take pictures of the car before it takes off with the professionals. This will help you determine if damage was caused to the vehicle during its travels.
Remember, that a licensed transport company is required by law to carry at least the minimum requirements for insurance coverage. Ask what is included in the transporter’s insurance policy. If you wish for protection up to the full value of the vehicle, ask if you can purchase additional insurance coverage.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?