How to Ship a Car from Denver to Los Angeles Using Open Air Transport?
It takes nearly 15 hours to drive from Denver to Los Angeles, believes it or not. Although it’s possible to complete the trip just before sundown, driving that many hours consecutively isn’t wise for anyone to attempt.
However, when you add on the price of a hotel stay to the fuel costs and other expenses associated with your trip, you’ll easily exceed the average cost of buying professional car shipping services.
When you‘re searching for a state to state auto transporter to take your car to Los Angeles, see what services each company has to offer. If you’re simply looking to ship the car in the least expensive way possible, ask the transporter about open air shipping services before receiving a quote for your future car transport. This method of transport is preferred by auto dealerships when they have multiple cars to deliver to a location.
Open Air Shipping Facts
- The car will travel secured to an open car hauler. Most haulers hold 10-12 cars at a time.
- Open air transport is the cheapest shipping method compare to crated or enclosed transport methods.
- This method is only good for shorter car deliveries during warmer weather months. It’s not likely that weather will damage the vehicle, but it is a concern for those wishing to provide more protection during the shipping process.
- Insurance is normally added onto every customer’s shipping service purchase. It shows the confidence they have in their services while providing the customers with coverage based on their vehicle’s value. It’s important to have coverage, especially for open transports.
- Open air transport is the most popular shipping method due to its cost efficiency.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.