Shepherdsville Long Distance Moving Companies
Almost half of America moves between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Millions leave their homes and move into new cities or states in search of better living conditions, a place to retire peacefully or just to enjoy new environment and weather. No matter your reason, hire a company that understands how important this is to you. We provide superior moving services including vehicle transport. If you’re planning a move to Shepherdsville, look no further than A-1 Auto Transport, Kentucky.
The best moving tips
- Create a realistic timeline that will help you get everything done before you move out. Most service providers need at least a month's notice to cancel their services. You also need to find a new school for your kids, and the only way to achieve your goals is by following a timeline.
- Pack strategically. Similar items should be packed together to avoid confusion when unpacking. For instance, pack everything in the kitchen before moving to the next room. Jumping from one room to another will complicate the packing process.
- Get in touch with your utility companies to have them disconnected at your current home and reconnected at your new home. It’s a sure way of ensuring that you don’t sleep in the dark or suffer a cold shower.
- Find a reliable mover to help you relocate. Book your moving company in advance to secure your spot on their calendar. Make sure you do thorough research on the company before you hire them.
Why hire a professional moving company?
- Reduce the risk of injuries: During a move, anything can happen. If you’re not trained to handle a move, you risk injuring yourself or your friends. However, when you hire a professional moving company, you’ll not be doing any heavy lifting, hence saving yourself a trip to the hospital due to back strains.
- Safety and protection: When moving, you want assurance that your items will get to their destination in good condition. The secret lies in hiring a professional moving company. They know how to handle your belongings when packing to minimize chances of damages. You can rest easy knowing that your items are in safe hands.
- Moving estimates: A moving company usually provides clients with free moving quotes. They send in their experts to inspect your household to determine what you own. This will help them calculate the moving cost and give you an accurate estimate. You can then plan your finances more effectively.
- Inventory: Imagine listing everything you own. It’s a hectic job that can give you headaches. But with a professional moving company, they have experts who will get the job done. The list will help you account for missing items and identify any items that got damaged during the move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best moving company
Check with the Better Business Bureau for complaints. A reputable mover has few complaints lodged against them. A good rating shows that the company satisfies their customers and responds to their claims in good time.
To be safe, only go for movers who have complied with the FMCSA. Movers are required to have a valid license and USDOT Number if they operate from one state to another. If it is a local move, the movers should be licensed by the states they operate in.
Find out what other people are saying about the moving company you are interested in. Customers share their experiences about moving companies on sites like Yelp or Angie’s List. These reviews will help you determine whether or not to hire a particular moving company.
Confirm with your moving company if their services cover the location you’re relocating to. You don’t want to hire a company only to realize they restrict their services to specific regions. Make inquiries first and hire a mover when you’re satisfied that they are the right fit.
- Door to door moving
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Long distance moving
- International moves
- Furniture relocation
- Storage services
- Full-service (packing and unpacking)
Why hire us?
Our services are designed to cater to the needs of each client. We listen to you and give free advice on the best moving practices. We have over 25 years’ experience helping the American people move domestically and internationally. In case of any issues arising from the move, our team will respond as fast as possible and try to find a solution. A-1 Auto Transport aims at providing outstanding moving services at affordable rates.
For more details about our services, call our customer representatives on 888-509-3213. Get free moving estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.