Shelbyville Long Distance Moving Companies
You are better off hiring a professional moving company to help you move with less stress. Based in Kentucky, A-1 Auto Transport endeavors to cater to the specific needs of each client. Don’t be alone when planning a move to Shelbyville; we are here to help. We also relocate vehicles.
5 tips to help you move with ease
Gather everything you need before you start packing. Get boxes from liquor or grocery stores. Most stores offer them free of charge. You also need sealing tape, markers, bubble wrap and other packing materials.
Handle fragile items with care
Use your old clothing to wrap delicate items like glassware and vases to prevent them from breaking. Your shirts and sweaters will provide a better buffer than wrapping paper, and more importantly, you’ll avoid all the garbage when unpacking.
Anything you deem less useful should be disposed of. Avoid moving with items that are no longer useful. You may opt to sell some of your furniture to purchase new ones at your new place.
Pack necessities in a separate box or bag and make sure you can easily access the contents. In most cases, you will be too tired to unpack immediately you arrive at your new house and having items such as toothbrushes, toiletries, snacks and a change of clothes within easy reach will come in handy.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
It’s important to label your boxes to avoid confusion. Indicating the rooms each box belongs to will make it easier for the movers when unloading. You’ll also have an easy time unpacking since everything will be exactly where you want it.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Imagine having to take multiple trips to move all your household items. It will cost you more and leave you exhausted. But by hiring a professional moving company, their experts will suggest the right truck size to fit your belongings in a single trip. This will save you time and money.
- A professional moving company has storage facilities that will be beneficial if you need anything stored temporarily. The units are secure and the conditions conducive for your items. They charge for storage, but it will be value for money considering the safety of your belongings.
- Protection for your items: Many items break during a move especially if you lack the proper skills. On the other hand, professional movers are trained to handle the items with utmost care. They know how to pack your belongings and deliver them without causing any damage.
- Your safety: The lifting of heavy items is risky to your physical health. You may trip and fall or injure your back. That’s why you need the services of a professional moving company. They have the right tools to use when carrying heavy and bulky items such as sofas.
Tips to find a reputable moving company
Protect your items by hiring an insured moving company. A reputable mover offers the basic insurance cover of $0.60 per pound per item as required by law. Movers also provide insurance options that you can choose from. It’s advisable to purchase additional insurance for extra protection.
Get recommendations from friends and work colleagues who have moved in the past. They will suggest the companies to consider and those to avoid. However, you still need to research on the recommended moving companies so that you can pick the one that you feel comfortable working with.
To be on the safe side, only consider a moving company that has complied with the federal and state regulations. Interstate movers need to have a USDOT Number while intrastate movers should have a DVR License from the KYTC.
Avoid falling into the hands of unscrupulous movers. Look for a moving company in the American Moving and Storage Association database. Their members are screened for any criminal records and must follow the best business practices.
- International moves
- Military relocation
- Residential moving
- Corporate moving
- Door to door moving
- Vehicle transport
- Full-service (packing and unpacking)
- Packing materials
- Cheap Shelbyville movers
Why hire us?
We are the market leaders in the moving industry both locally and internationally. We use modern equipment to complete your move safely and securely. Our team undergoes extensive training to sharpen their skills to serve you better. We offer top-of-the-range moving services made just for you. With A-1 Auto Transport by your side, you are guaranteed of a perfect move.
To book your date, call us now on 888-509-3213. Get free instant quotes by completing the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.