Moving To Or From Shawnee State University
Admittedly, moving is a task that most people consider daunting to say the least. Well, despite this bleak outlook, moving still remains a universal process and every human being moves at least once in their entire lifetime. However, in America, the average adult will move at least 11 to 12 times in their entire lifetime. This means that every 6 years, there’s an American relocating. Some of the most common reasons why people move are to have an easier commute to work as well as to move to a better neighborhood. Furthermore, the moving masses of America are mostly made up of folks between the ages of 18 and 35. This means that students fall within this huge block of regular movers in America. As you prepare for your move to or from Shawnee State University in Ohio, we are here to help you make the process less stressful.
Tips to an easy university move
Moving as a student should be one of the easiest moves you will make as an adult. Here is how to achieve this.
- Avoid moving waste: Carton moving boxes are usually one of the residues of moving, along with stuffing for your delicate items. Avoid such waste by using plastic stackable crates which you can then reuse for storage or for future moves. Additionally, you can use items such as towels and socks to protect fragile items.
- Take moving inventory: This may sound tedious but you will definitely need to refer to it once you arrive at your new destination. A moving inventory will ensure that you keep track of your belongings and record any breakages or damage.
- Hire a moving company: A moving company will take all the moving stress away from you. From providing moving boxes and supplies, to taking professional inventory, they will basically take over your move from start to finish.
Benefits of hiring a professional moving company
There are loads of benefits tied to using a professional moving company, and here are some of them.
- Your belongings are protected: Once you hire a professional mover, you will sign a contract which hands over the responsibility of your items to them for the duration of your move. Furthermore, your belongings are in better hands with the experienced movers than in your own hands.
- It can save you money: Did you know that it is cheaper to hire the services of a local mover over renting a moving truck and moving by yourself? Now you know.
- Professional packing services: Packing is one of the most involving and tedious moving tasks. You can get this done professionally by a moving company and save yourself the headache that comes with it.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best moving company
There are many moving companies out there, but you need only one that best suits your needs. Here is how to find it.
- Confirm credentials: A moving company has to be licensed in order to operate within and across states. You can check if they are fully licensed by asking for the number issued to them by the Department of Transportation. Additionally, you can use this number to ensure that their licenses are up to date on this database.
- Avoid hefty deposits: A reputable moving company will only ask for payment upon delivery. The issue with payment upfront is that you will now be at the mercy of the movers, and you will not be sure if your items will be delivered at all since all control has been wrested from you.
- Find out about extra fees: Some moving companies will add extra fees based on your location, fuel charges, extra or overtime labor costs and so on. Find out if the company you are looking at has these costs and whether they are prohibitive.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport Inc has lots of moving services to choose from such as full-service moves, auto transport, access to clean and secure storage, free moving advice, professional moving estimates, moving labor for hire, pool table transport, and dorm moving and arrangement. We also offer local, international, state to state and nationwide relocation services.
Benefits of moving with us
We are a fully licensed and insured moving services provider recognized by the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover. Furthermore, we are a fully fledged moving services provider with great rankings on the Better Business Bureau as well as consistently good customer reviews.
Call us today
You may contact us by calling us via 888-509-3213. Alternatively, when you fill out the form at the top of this page, one of our representatives will contact you as soon as possible.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.