Shakopee Long Distance Moving Companies
Shakopee is a city in Scott County, Minnesota. It lies on the Minnesota River Valley where there are multiple lakes, mines and the reputable Minnesota River. Shakopee is a fun city with thrilling games at the Valleyfair Amusement Park, rollercoasters, haunted houses and extreme water sports. Making a long distance move to Shakopee is exacting especially if you are moving for the first time. You need experience to pack and load your items safely. Also, there are state permits and road tolls required when crossing states. Save yourself the stress and hire an experienced mover like A-1 Auto Transport. We have the best moving and vehicle relocation services.
Why you need a moving company
- Convenience: Movers show up on moving day with all the required resources; you do not have to source for packing supplies. Professional movers also have full-service moves which include packing, loading and house arrangement. Since these three are the most time-consuming moving tasks, this ensures you have ample time to deal with other important activities.
- Professionalism: When moving, you need help to pack and load your items. Friends may help, but since they are inexperienced, accidents are bound to occur. They are not liable for any damage caused since they are helping voluntarily. Also, they might work slowly resulting in delayed moving.
- Coordination: When you hire moving companies, planning how items should be handled is their business. They are experienced and know how to pack, create an inventory and keep time. They have handled thousands of similar moves and they know all the risky areas which can break your move. They plan for the move efficiently and in advance which results in a smooth experience.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find a reliable mover in Shakopee
- Relevant experience: Look for a moving company that has experience handling long distance moves. They can be local or out of state movers. Hire a mover with more than 10 years experience.
- Extra services: Long distance moves require movers that provide extra services such as packing and house arrangement. Items packed by professionals are not likely to get damaged.When making a cross country move, you may need to store your items as you look for suitable housing. Verify whether the moving company has warehouses and inspect their condition.
- Recommendations: Reputable moving companies might have served someone in your neighborhood. Ask for suggestions and check the company’s offices to confirm their moving resources and experience.
- Reviews: Check how previous customers review and rate moving companies. Their opinion can help you identify reliable moving companies. Engage companies rated more than 4 stars and above since that’s an indication of quality customer service. Avoid companies that do not respond to customers.
- Licenses: Enter the USDOT carrier number at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to validate a company’s household moving items license and insurance. States to state movers are regulated by the association. They should also possess a satisfactory safety rating and little/zero pending violations to conduct moves across states.
Tips for an easy move
After hiring a reliable moving company and setting a moving date, get an early start. Begin packing at least a month in advance. Packing during the last few days is tiring and can result in inefficiencies like forgetfulness and accidents. You need adequate time to rest between packing and moving day.
Source for free and quality packing material to reduce your moving expenses. Use the Freecycle forum to get reused boxes. Ensure that the boxes are cleaned and fumigated to eliminate any pests.
Reduce your load by selling and donating items you don’t need. You can organize a yard sale and use the money to fund your move or buy better items. Items you do not need will only increase your moving activities and cost.
Keep an inventory of all items moved. Label all boxes along the sides using QR codes, numbers or words. It helps the personnel know how to handle each box. It also reduces the unpacking time.
Save all the receipts and check the IRS site for receipts that can be used for tax relief.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction. Our customer testimonials page is testament to the quality of our services. We also customize our services according to your requirements.
Our moving services
- Military moves
- Office moves
- Apartment relocations
- Pet transport
- Storage services
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Local moves
Get in touch
Get a free, no obligation to buy, price quote for your shipment.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you: